WHY MOVE MOULDS?!!!!

I have been saying this for a while but...

WHY MOVE HIM?

1. He is our best (or 2nd best) reciever

2. He has little trade value

3. There are no better WRs available (possible exception Walker)

4. We dont need cap space

5. Even with additional cap space, there are no FAs out there worth the money.

I dont get it. Ralph, pay the nice man. suck it up one more year. THEN cut him if you need the cap room. If we go into the season 5 mil under the cap and cut (or traded) moulds, im going to be pizzed

I feel the same way, JimBob.

Points #4 and #5 are important, but oddly enough aren't mentioned that often around here.

And it's sounding like a 4th from the Texans is the best we could possibly get, which is not even close to what Moulds is worth to this team (didn't our backup RB, Henry, get us a 3rd ;)?).

Also, a lot of the negative comments about the Bills may be coming from Moulds' agent - not Eric himself. If we don't make Moulds take a paycut, I bet he will eventually come around to accepting this team. Does he have any other choice? Not playing this season will cost him money and, for a guy on the wrong side of 30, seriously damage his remaining career.

1. He is our best (or 2nd best) reciever

646229[/snapback]

I just want to correct you a little on this. He is our best WR, by far. When one of the others can step up and catch at least 70 balls then we may reconsider but until then not a chance.

Because he doesn't want to play here anymore and has a huge contract that he won't restructure. This team is on a youth movement anyway and is building for the future not next year (but who knows it is the NFL). I love Moulds as much as most Bills fans do and haven't forgotten what he's done over the years, but even I know why he won't be a Bill next year.

I just want to correct you a little on this. He is our best WR, by far. When one of the others can step up and catch at least 70 balls then we may reconsider but until then not a chance.

I only put the "(or 2nd best)" to fend off anyone trying to say evans is better. Apparently I awoke the spirits on the other side!

Didnt you also know st louis was going to win the world series last .... oh nevermind..thats a low blow  ;)

646253[/snapback]

Just wait until Pujols has his break-out year ;)

I only put the "(or 2nd best)" to fend off anyone trying to say evans is better.  Apparently I awoke the spirits on the other side!

646251[/snapback]

Evans hasn't even caught 50 in a season and that was with him being the fovored target of the "declared" starter. Hell even with Moulds sitting out the Miami game, and being suspended for another Moulds had nearly double (80%) more catches.

Again, Moulds needs to stay, Evans isn't the answer yet. Good number 2, just not ready for primetime.

Evans hasn't even caught 50 in a season and that was with him being the fovored target of the "declared" starter.  Hell even with Moulds sitting out the Miami game, and being suspended for another Moulds had nearly double (80%) more catches. 

Again, Moulds needs to stay, Evans isn't the answer yet.  Good number 2, just not ready for primetime.

646256[/snapback]

Have to agree. A fourth round pick in no way compensates for Moulds. Bring him back! He is a winner!

Evans hasn't even caught 50 in a season and that was with him being the fovored target of the "declared" starter.  Hell even with Moulds sitting out the Miami game, and being suspended for another Moulds had nearly double (80%) more catches. 

Again, Moulds needs to stay, Evans isn't the answer yet.  Good number 2, just not ready for primetime.

646256[/snapback]

As long as we can keep ignoring every other stat...and reality...you are correct.

Does it matter that even though he caught 33 less passes he only had 73 less yards than Moulds? A difference in 5.4 yards per catch (10.1 vs 15.5).

Does it matter that our second most talented WR (by far) also caught 3 more TD's than our most talented (by far) WR?

Also, does it matter that our "declared" starter (you know, the one that can throw more than 10 yards) was benched for a large part of the season? Does it matter that Evans strong point is going deep, and that when you have a weak QB going deep is not the way to excel?

Nah, I didn't think any of that stuff mattered.

As long as we can keep ignoring every other stat...and reality...you are correct.

Does it matter that even though he caught 33 less passes he only had 73 less yards than Moulds?  A difference in 5.4 yards per catch (10.1 vs 15.5). 

Does it matter that our second most talented WR (by far) also caught 3 more TD's than our most talented (by far) WR?

Also, does it matter that our "declared" starter (you know, the one that can throw more than 10 yards) was benched for a large part of the season?  Does it matter that Evans strong point is going deep, and that when you have a weak QB going deep is not the way to excel?

646272[/snapback]

Except if you look it up, he got about 50% of his passes, yards, and TDs with Holcomb as the Qb.

Does it matter that even though he caught 33 less passes he only had 73 less yards than Moulds?  A difference in 5.4 yards per catch (10.1 vs 15.5). 

Also, does it matter that our "declared" starter (you know, the one that can throw more than 10 yards) was benched for a large part of the season?  Does it matter that Evans strong point is going deep, and that when you have a weak QB going deep is not the way to excel?

646272[/snapback]

Peerless Price ring a bell. Nothing without Old man Mould`s . Get a CLUE. ;)

WHY MOVE HIM?

I also asked the same thing, until he said he didn't want to play for this team. Of course that is his right and is no reason to hate him for it. We all understand that it is a business, but I think more than the money he is tired of loosing. he is tired of the quarterbacks, the coaches and the systems. At this point he would settle for a team that has an undisputed starting quarterback (i.e. texans) even if they are not a winning team. Of course he want the eagles who win but also have an undisputed starting quarterback in McNabb.

Fellas, bottom line is, keeping him for one more year is not going to make a difference. We are not an "Eric Moulds" away from winning a Super Bowl. Levy has brought younger players that can learn how to play with each other. I finally believe we are headed in the right direction, truth of the matter is... when we get there, Mr Moulds will have fallen off the bus a long time ago.

Go Bills!!!

Except if you look it up, he got about 50% of his passes, yards, and TDs with Holcomb as the Qb.

646280[/snapback]

I have no plan to look that up. It would take too long. But if it does break down to about 50/50, that only furthers my point. Evans is suited to a strong arm that can get him the ball down field. If he was putting up those numbers with Holcomb, he would only do better with stronger QB.

Either way, it is not a given that Moulds is a better WR by far just because he had more catches.

Peerless Price ring a bell. Nothing without Old man Mould`s . Get a CLUE. w00t.gif

Yes, because from now on we will never have a WR capable of taking over the number 1 slot becuase Moulds will always be better.

Evans is not Price, and Moulds is not the same guy that was here during Price's tenure. Evans has the ability to take over the 1 spot. Due to shambles the rest of the team is in, I doubt either of them would do very well this year, but the point remains that Moulds is no longer the threat he once was.

I have no plan to look that up.  It would take too long.  But if it does break down to about 50/50, that only furthers my point.  Evans is suited to a strong arm that can get him the ball down field.  If he was putting up those numbers with Holcomb, he would only do better with stronger QB. 

Either way, it is not a given that Moulds is a better WR by far just because he had more catches.

Yes, because from now on we will never have a WR capable of taking over the number 1 slot becuase Moulds will always be better.

Evans is not Price, and Moulds is not the same guy that was here during Price's tenure.  Evans has the ability to take over the 1 spot.  Due to shambles the rest of the team is in, I doubt either of them would do very well this year, but the point remains that Moulds is no longer the threat he once was.

646302[/snapback]

I`m with ya coach ;)

I have no plan to look that up.  It would take too long.  But if it does break down to about 50/50, that only furthers my point.  Evans is suited to a strong arm that can get him the ball down field.  If he was putting up those numbers with Holcomb, he would only do better with stronger QB. 

Evans is not Price, and Moulds is not the same guy that was here during Price's tenure.  Evans has the ability to take over the 1 spot.  Due to shambles the rest of the team is in, I doubt either of them would do very well this year, but the point remains that Moulds is no longer the threat he once was.

646302[/snapback]

Except in the one chance where he had the chance to show he was the number 1 and have a team, prepare for that he had 2 catches for 5 yards. Not exactly a ringing endorsement to hand him the job fulltime.

Except in the one chance where he had the chance to show he was the number 1 and have a team, prepare for that he had 2 catches for 5 yards.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement to hand him the job fulltime.

646308[/snapback]

And back when Josh Reed was the second best WR opposite Moulds (same situation), Moulds went 64/780 in 13 games. And guess what, there were two games in there where he only caught 2 passes!!!!! WOW...HE SUCKS!!!!

Yes, I can grasp at straws too.

WHY MOVE HIM?

I also asked the same thing, until he said he didn't want to play for this team. Of course that is his right and is no reason to hate him for it. We all understand that it is a business, but I think more than the money he is tired of loosing. he is tired of the quarterbacks, the coaches and the systems. At this point he would settle for a team that has an undisputed starting quarterback (i.e. texans) even if they are not a winning team. Of course he want the eagles who win but also have an undisputed starting quarterback in McNabb.

Fellas, bottom line is, keeping him for one more year is not going to make a difference. We are not an "Eric Moulds" away from winning a Super Bowl. Levy has brought younger players that can learn how to play with each other. I finally believe we are headed in the right direction, truth of the matter is... when we get there, Mr Moulds will have fallen off the bus a long time ago.

Go Bills!!!

646294[/snapback]

Bingo, great first post! Welcome to the Wall.