Bills contracts

Regarding the escalation of the cap, I don't think what they have done is a problem. We've got over 10 mil worth of dead money this year which will be gone next year (MW, Lawyer, and Moulds).

644190[/snapback]

That money is no good unless you SPEND it.

The real error here is that people are viewing this as a one-year project. It isn't. It can't be. What Marv is doing is getting some depth with upside. The problem with Buffalo has been, among other things, crappy depth. That was the problem with the D-line last year. ZERO depth. And as much as I loved Sam Adams, he was only worth a minimum of snaps per game. If you tried to rely on the guy through the season to be a cornerstone of your team he would be worthless.

The most important FA move the Bills have made this year is to attempt to keep Nate. That is huge. The second most important is cutting ties with MW. That was extremely important. Also, Lawyer just wasn't worth the $$ he was getting.

A 10 mil cap figure for Moulds is just silly. He isn't worth it, as much as I like him. If he lowered his salary by 2 mil it would be worth it, but he won't. Hell, many people could afford a much nicer car, but then you wouldn't be able to live in a nice house. That's the rationale you have to address this with.

Another thing that people fail to realize is that it is difficult to move around in the draft unless you have the cap flexibility to do it. Maybe Marv is planning to package a few picks to get another #1? Maybe he's going to trade his two #3 picks to get another #2. This has a huge impact on what you want to do with your cap.

Regarding the escalation of the cap, I don't think what they have done is a problem. We've got over 10 mil worth of dead money this year which will be gone next year (MW, Lawyer, and Moulds).

644190[/snapback]

Well stated.

#21 just recently bought a house in Orchard Park and is at the Stadium every day working out. Seems to be thrilled with the new admin. and a fresh start. Right now, he's our meal ticket.

He's also in need of a new contract and I predict a new 5 year deal very shortly. So that will account for some of that Cap space.

Nate may also be receiving a new deal, which would drop the Franchise tag and free up another 3 Mil for this year.

So, Buffalo fans will be disappointed, and no closer to the Super Bowl...or are we supposed to be patient another three or four years, and "hope" this plan works?  Personally, I think Clevland has made some great moves...they likely won't win the Super Bowl, but they will be better than they have been. Isn't that kind of the point?

644102[/snapback]

I guess what the point is depends on what you want out of your football team. If you want to have fun in the off-season, sign a bunch of big name players and then bounce between 5-11 and 9-7 each year, then Cleveland did a good job.

I'd like to watch a Bills team that has at least a shot of winning a Super Bowl, so to me, the point is to build a long term contender. You're right, we won't know if some of the signings Marv made so far will lead to this. However, I think you're wrong if you think that the team was only 2-3 big name players away from the playoffs. They have been bad for five years and I welcome a rebuilding year to try and fix this team.

Guest BackInDaDay

None of this matters.

Years ago Ralph purchased much of Walt Disney's personal estate, including his notes on the anti-gravity compound known as Flubber. Currently, Ralph and Marv are working long hours in Ralph's secret lab beneath OBD, perfecting their formula! They've already been able to take a half second off McGahee's 40 time by brushing the goo on the soles of his cleats.

Don't worry. It's all being taken care of. :doh:

None of this matters. 

Years ago Ralph purchased much of Walt Disney's personal estate, including his notes on the anti-gravity compound known as Flubber.  Currently,  Ralph and Marv are working long hours in Ralph's secret lab beneath OBD, perfecting their formula!  They've already been able to take a half second off McGahee's 40 time by brushing the goo on the soles of his cleats.

Don't worry.  It's all being taken care of.  :P

644572[/snapback]

Hmm, seems to me you'd want to be increasing traction, (rather than bounciness) to reduce the 40 time.

On the other hand, end-zone hurdles and JPL sky-balls would be cake! :unsure:

Guest BackInDaDay
Hmm, seems to me you'd want to be increasing traction, (rather than bounciness) to reduce the 40 time. 

644776[/snapback]

You have no idea what you're talking about. Ralph has plans for skeptics like you!