Could Marv & Jauron be playing good cop, good cop

Let's face it, these two didn't inherit the best situation. They walk into a scenario where the owner is becoming more indifferent to the direction of his team, a team that is severly divided and the payroll was out of whack for senior players. They made some cuts without looking back and that were sensible. I don't see where Milloy is that big of a loss. What did he ever really do? As far as the lockerroom, I guess I really can't comment on his effect. I do remember that he made no bones about him and other players from around the league need to get paid. I won't hold that against him, but it doesn't seem like he was a rah-rah type of guy. Old, fat Sam Adams not only didn't fill their scheme, he's old and he was ready for the big part of his contract. Bye. Teague is no loss and he didn't appear too happy with decisions that were being made last year. Time to go.

I like the image that Marv & Co. have been projecting to the FAs that have been visiting. For the most part, the majority had positive comments about them, the team and the organization. As far as the malcontents that are still on the team, well they still have value. Here's where I think that Marv is still maintaining the nice guy image and letting them find their own level of contentment by seeking their own trade. I don't think that Clement is still a guarantee to be on the roster come the beginning of the season. If he is, then I think that he will be locked up on a long term contract. Otherwise he could be traded come draft day for a big compensation. Hello Denver!

When you look at what Marv has done so far it has been pretty subtle. He got rid of the old and replaced it with youth and good, solid role players. Keep in mind that he also has dealt with the salary cap pretty efficiently so far. He has advocated character and chemistry and there hasn't been anything so far that's been to the contrary. I think that he has accomplished an awful lot of good in a short period of time. Needless to say that we are not where we need to be yet but there is still plenty of time and opportunity left for him to fulfill his and our goals.

Let's face it, these two didn't inherit the best situation. They walk into a scenario where the owner is becoming more indifferent to the direction of his team, a team that is severly divided and the payroll was out of whack for senior players. They made some cuts without looking back and that were sensible. I don't see where Milloy is that big of a loss. What did he ever really do? As far as the lockerroom, I guess I really can't comment on his effect. I do remember that he made no bones about him and other players from around the league need to get paid. I won't hold that against him, but it doesn't seem like he was a rah-rah type of guy. Old, fat Sam Adams not only didn't fill their scheme, he's old and he was ready for the big part of his contract. Bye. Teague is no loss and he didn't appear too happy with decisions that were being made last year. Time to go.

I like the image that Marv & Co. have been projecting to the FAs that have been visiting. For the most part, the majority had positive comments about them, the team and the organization. As far as the malcontents that are still on the team, well they still have value. Here's where I think that Marv is still maintaining the nice guy image and letting them find their own level of contentment by seeking their own trade. I don't think that Clement is still a guarantee to be on the roster come the beginning of the season. If he is, then I think that he will be locked up on a long term contract. Otherwise he could be traded come draft day for a big compensation. Hello Denver!

When you look at what Marv has done so far it has been pretty subtle. He got rid of the old and replaced it with youth and good, solid role players. Keep in mind that he also has dealt with the salary cap pretty efficiently so far. He has advocated character and chemistry and there hasn't been anything so far that's been to the contrary. I think that he has accomplished an awful lot of good in a short period of time. Needless to say that we are not where we need to be yet but there is still plenty of time and opportunity left for him to fulfill his and our goals.

640903[/snapback]

Could be. Nice post. Let's hope you are right.

I'm not ready to drink the kool-aid just yet. Don't get me wrong I love Marv Levy to death but..... He still has along way to go and I'm sure he realizes that. I like the youth movement that the Bills are persuading. The draft is going to be key into how Marv is doing and where this team is headed. My questions still remains (as I'm sure some of you will agree) what about the offensive line? I know we signed Fowler which, in my estimation could be a depth move. Or he could be a starter. Which ever one there are still a couple yes a couple of really good offensive lineman still out there. Where are the offers or even the visits from these guys? Neal was in... And?

Otherwise he could be traded come draft day for a big compensation. Hello Denver!

640903[/snapback]

I agree...good post, but why Denver?

They don't have much cap room & have Bailey.

Is there something about them I don't know???

Don't answer that, there is a lot about them I don't know :lol:

They have two first round picks and would more likely give us a first for Clements than any other team.  That's my guess.

641011[/snapback]

But they can't afford him & don't need him.

There would be plenty of teams that I would think would give up their one first round pick for Clements before Denver give up either of theirs....not that this has much to do with the major points in your original post but I think it's imperative to the future of The Bills & the entire NFL in general that we discuss the potential of a Denver/Clements deal. :blush: