Now that we resigned Josh Reed...

The guy was a high school RB and even started his college career as one. He is a good blocker and it's a position that hasn't been solidified. I like the idea of dual roles for players and he can still be a WR at times when he doesn't spell MaGahee. Maximize our players' talents and abilities. New England does and it seems not only are they successful but I think what helps to contribute to that is that it helps chemistry and team work. I really have a hard time accepting as just our reciever. Adding more to his job description might make it easier to swallow having him on the team. If Jason Peters can convert from a TE to a LT than this should be somewhat realistic.

The guy was a high school RB and even started his college career as one. He is a good blocker and it's a position that hasn't been solidified. I like the idea of dual roles for players and he can still be a WR at times when he doesn't spell MaGahee. Maximize our players' talents and abilities. New England does and it seems not only are they successful but I think what helps to contribute to that is that it helps chemistry and team work. I really have a hard time accepting as just our reciever. Adding more to his job description might make it easier to swallow having him on the team. If Jason Peters can convert from a TE to a LT than this should be somewhat realistic.

636954[/snapback]

1. Doesn't give you the right depth at either position. We carry 3 1/2 RB's? or 3 1/2 WR's?

2. Wouldn't that sort of signal what was coming up to the defense?

3. And, if you are going to do it as a decoy, who is the better blocker? JR or WM? That's blocking linebackers and maybe linemen vs. blocking CB's and safeties downfield.

Just some immediate thoughts.

im not quite sure what you want his role to actually be, like a 3rd down back? i think that shaud williams did a great job last year on draws and screens. I dont think that is a position we need to upgrade. Plus, im not sure how the new staff feels, but i remember last year mularkey was trying to get willis to take over the third down role himself, and become more of a receiver. We need a backup RB to willis because shaud williams cannot fill that role, but as a 3rd down back on screens and draws he is very good.

Sure, why not...The Eagles did that with T.O. on some plays last year (pre suspension) and the year before which amazed me...they'd line him up in the backfield, motion him out and then run the play. You run stuff like that enough, people will be thrown off when you actually use the person to run/block and motion someone else. But I think at the moment we may stick with more "traditional" formations til Fairchild gets an idea of what's going on.