Michael Vick sacked 5 times today...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And their defense went from one of the best to one of the worst last year.

--------------

Of course this didn't have anything to do with Kurt Kittner and Doug Johnson starting at QB?

Or that the Falcs were 2-10 prior to Vick coming back but 3-1 in their final four?

Which goes to show you again, contrary to what some posters believe sacks are NOT the same as turnovers. Sacks are much better to take than turnovers. Atlanta does not win the game if they turn it over 5 times, but they win with Vick taking 5 sacks.

I think Butler got the best of the Falcons with that trade though.

Vick may or may not develop into a great QB, but right now he's no better than average IMO. You might be able to argue that he's already "good" but certainly not great.

LaDanian Tomlinson on the other hand, is currently the best player in the league, period.

And their defense went from one of the best to one of the worst last year.

--------------

Of course this didn't have anything to do with Kurt Kittner and Doug Johnson starting at QB?

Or that the Falcs were 2-10 prior to Vick coming back but 3-1 in their final four?

46602[/snapback]

It might've had SOMETHING to do with it, but that big of a discrepancy?

Look at the NFL right now - the league is littered with teams that have good defenses and terrible offenses - but that doesn't stop the good defenses from playing well:

eg) Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Washington, and even Cleveland & Tampa until yesterday.

Even though these offenses stink, the D doesn't give up 30 points like the Falcons did last year.

you've got to be kidding me....the Chargers absolutely suck.

The Falcons are 3-0.

If the Chargers had Vick I have no doubts that they would be in the Falcons shoes.

LT is great....but QB's are difference makers. Would the Colts have won that game yesterday if Drew Brees was starting even though they have a great back in Edge James in the back field. No.

you've got to be kidding me....the Chargers absolutely suck.

The Falcons are 3-0.

If the Chargers had Vick I have no doubts that they would be in the Falcons shoes.

LT is great....but QB's are difference makers. Would the Colts have won that game yesterday if Drew Brees was starting even though they have a great back in Edge James in the back field. No.

46615[/snapback]

The Chargers wouldn't have beaten the Jets or the Broncos with Vick - they'd probably be 0-3 right now because they wouldn't have beaten Houston without Tomlinson.

The special QB's are difference makers, like Manning, but Vick is no Manning.

Buff, the backups were horrible. Horrible. Kurt Kittner and Doug Johnson? C'mon man....I've given you the numbers you can see what a difference maker Vick is.

They were constantly 3 and out.

And it's the same D as last year. Somehow they are now ranked 11th in the NFL.

And as far as the Packers game? My point is it doesn't matter if Vick throws for 200 YDS (which he rarely does) or runs for 100...it's him back there that is the difference maker. He keeps D's on their heels.

In my mind the guy is by far the most valuable player in the NFL.

Keep your blinders on then.

Your arguement is weak.

You are saying that the that the Chargers that are 13-22 with LT have more value than a Vick led Falcons that are 17-7-1 with him at the helm?

Give me a break.

This is his second full year starting. Second year...of course he's no Manning.

And it's the same D as last year. Somehow they are now ranked 11th in the NFL.

46620[/snapback]

I'm not sure 11th in the league is that good considering 2/3 of their games have been against Arizona and SF - arguably the two worst teams in the league....

We'll see how good they are around Thanksgiving.

This is his second full year starting. Second year...of course he's no Manning.

46634[/snapback]

:devil: You're the one that brought up the "could Breese have won the Colts game yesterday" argument.

I'm just saying if I were starting a franchise right now, yes, I would chose LTD over Vick. The fact that the Chargers have made horrible personnel/coaching/management decisions elsewhere, well, that's their problem and I really don't care.

I just think if you take away LTD, their offensive personnel is worse than Miami's. No QB, no OL, no WR. He faces 9 guys in the box every week and still averages 5+ YPC? That's flat out disgusting. To each his own I guess.

Vick is a good athlete but in the end he will never bring Altanta to the Superbowl. I am not a fan of running QB's. When the QB has more rushing yards then the RB there is something wrong. Vick needs to be the QB not the QB/RB. Otherwise he is going to have a short carrier. Just look at Mcnair. He is banged up again.

Otherwise he is going to have a short carrier. Just look at Mcnair. He is banged up again.

------------

Funny how McNair has taken his team to the playoffs the majority of the time he's been there and he was 1 yard short of winning a SB.

But, Vick will never get there because he's mobile.

Another thing Kota....Atlanta's wideout's aren't that great...and what would you do if your WR's weren't open and you knew you could snap off some yardage by foot?

Finneran, Price(bust) and White? Alge Crumpler is the only decent reciever on the team.

Speaking of Peerless, has there ever been a bigger waste of money in football history than this guy?  I have the misfortune of having Price on my fantasy team so I know his stats this year, and they SUCK!  I've watched two Falcons games and they don't even throw his way since he's never open.  Then they try to force him the ball or they give him a reverse to run for about 5 yards.  Last year it was blamed on Vick being injured.  This year what's his excuse?  It's sad when Alge Crumpler is a much more integral part of the offense than PP.

PP is the classic example of free agency gone bad (not for $$, but for his career production).

46575[/snapback]

Close...Alvin Harper...signed as a FA by the Bucs from the SB winning Cowboys...

He was a real bust.....Unfortunately I also have PP as my fantasy starter....

The guy wanted to go to Pro Bowls and felt that with EM around he wouldn't

get a chance.....If he had stuck around here wiht a more cap friendly deal

we might be running a better offense here....