Semi Football Related...

Anyone know how or why Tiki Barber is holding down a chair as a regular on Fox and Friends?

631647[/snapback]

1. The show is broadcast from NYC (where TB lives)

2. He's well spoken

3. He's handsome

4. He's a minority

5. He's a decent conversationalist

6. He boosts their ratings in the sports-watching demographic

7. Fox and Friends likes him

8. He gets to wear Joseph Abboud suits for free

9. He had a lot of free time on his hands after he dumped on Coughlin

10. He's getting valuable on-the-job training for taking over the CBS Evening News anchor job from Bob Schieffer

He's become a host on the FOX morning show. I just saw it as an odd choice, nothing wrong with it, just odd.

631794[/snapback]

Hey, gotta kill time during the offseason somehow...

Actually, I'm pretty sure Barber plans to go into broadcasting fulltime when the football gig is up. Might as well get a head start.

Anyone know how or why Tiki Barber is holding down a chair as a regular on Fox and Friends?

631647[/snapback]

I saw him on there one morning several weeks ago and didn't realize it was him. I thought it looked like him, but wasn't sure.

I was impressed with his ability to be more than just a talking head or a jock celebrity getting some face time. He appeared to be well-versed in issues concerning the middle east and an overall good conversationalist, and someone who can hold his own conversing with seasoned reporters. He was exceptionally at ease and had the poise and manner of someone who'd been a regular on that type of show for years.

I saw him on there one morning several weeks ago and didn't realize it was him. I thought it looked like him, but wasn't sure.

I was impressed with his ability to be more than just a talking head or a jock celebrity getting some face time. He appeared to be well-versed in issues concerning the middle east and an overall good conversationalist, and someone who can hold his own conversing with seasoned reporters. He was exceptionally at ease and had the poise and manner of someone who'd been a regular on that type of show for years.

632187[/snapback]

While I have never met either TB or his twin brother, I did work on some projects with their mother in Virginia some years back. Extremely sharp, and tough lady, it is no surprise her sons are well spoken and project very positive images.