Any visits today?

scribo

Bob Matthews was right for once.

Robert Royal is an upgrade at tight end, but have the Buffalo Bills done anything in free agency to inspire anyone to become a new season ticketholder? This team badly needs a free-agent addition worth getting excited about.

You can say what you want about not letting fans dictate player moves, but the reality is that without strong ticket sales...you can figure it out. By the way, Vernon Davis could be that player "to get excited about," but I, personally, would be excited over a top-tier o-lineman or d-lineman.

This has been a fast and furious free agency period so far, and the Bills, a team with as many needs as any other team, has really failed to make any legit splash. I like the three signings so far, but the team really needs to get on the move.

This post is not the result of impatience; this is from the fact that a lot of the top-tier guys are gone, and not teams are starting to gobble up the second-tier. I don't want to be stuck with more second- and thrid-tier o-linemen. Oh yeah, and we still don't have on DT who was a regular starter last season. Oops, and Coy Wire sits atop the depth chart at SS, and our longtime #1 WR is asking to be cut.

Let's go all ready!

The Buff Snooze reports:

The Bills are expected to have more free-agent visitors this week. Defensive tackle Jermaine Haley, a former Miami Dolphin who was out of the NFL last season, is expected to visit, along with safety Keyon Nash, who has seen time with Oakland the past four seasons. There were indications out of New York the Bills may invite Jets free-agent left tackle Jason Fabini for a visit.

Wow, some big names there.

Sounds like everyone misses td

I'll take a new approach

630325[/snapback]

Me too. The Pats are 21 million under the cap not pursuing anyone and letting their own go. Belichek said he was going to wait till the teams stopped paying the crazy money. You get more bang for the buck later, to much to do to give big money for one or two guys.

Sounds like everyone misses td

I'll take a new approach

630325[/snapback]

I agree. I don't want the big names in here. Give me kids that will work and play hard. TD showed us that big signings does not mean success. I think the skins have proven that in the past as well.