Jim Kelly: Awesome appearance on 'Quite Frankly' !

Tom

Well put together show with an excellent 'Buffalo' crowd. I even have a new respect for Steven A...

Jim said '05 Bills offense had no identity, switching QB's was a huge mistake, should've stayed with JP to see if he's the answer. By going back & forth, they don't know. Lots & lots of holes to fill but Marv will do a great job, only better GM is Bill Polian. He's as sharp as a 40-50 yr old. Jim won't be a coach but will work for the Bills as an 'Ambassador'. Best response from him was when I asked if he would ever consider owning the Bills and he said "I will someday own the Buffalo Bills" :(

What an excellent evening! I'll post more as I remember..... :(

interesting, but unless Mr. Wilson writes that into the will, i dont see Jimbo have the cash to buy the Bills.

it would be awesome though.

Hey, Maybe he's friends with Tom Golisano? He did say he hopes that Ralph lives a long time.

Well put together show with an excellent 'Buffalo' crowd.  I even have a new respect for Steven A...

Jim said '05 Bills offense had no identity, switching QB's was a huge mistake, should've stayed with JP to see if he's the answer.  By going back & forth, they don't know.  Lots & lots of holes to fill but Marv will do a great job, only better GM is Bill Polian.  He's as sharp as a 40-50 yr old.  Jim won't be a coach but will work for the Bills as an 'Ambassador'.  Best response from him was when I asked if he would ever consider owning the Bills and he said "I will someday own the Buffalo Bills" :(

What an excellent evening!  I'll post more as I remember..... :(

630032[/snapback]

Did Jim sign any autographs for any of the guests??

Did Jim sign any autographs for any of the guests??

He offered to sign all the #12 jerseys in house and he even signed signed my '90-'93 Champion hat as well. I saw people getting some cards signed too. I've seen him a bunch of times and he's always willing to sign.

A few more things:

He said unfortunately, Dante Culpepper will help the Fish and Drew Brees to the Saints was all about 'All the Zeroe's on the check'. When he was signing the jerseys, someone mentioned JP & he 'rolled his eyes'. (Not is a good way).

Funny when Vince Young's name came up, Steven A said 'This guy got a "6" on the Wonderlic'...... Jim started to laugh and said he told Young to study hard & listen to your QB coach whichever team takes you. He can be a good NFL QB but it'll take time.

----

He also spoke extensively about Hunter & how the foundation is doing and lauded Pataki for donating $7M to the fund.... National program & getting all states involved to test newborns on 66 diseases.

He wife was there as well........

Tom...your summary of the taping was right on. I had a great time. Jim was great taking questions for 20 minutes and signing our jerseys. Steven A was also a good guy...I really enjoyed his question and answer period at the end of the show too.

Hey, Maybe he's friends with Tom Golisano?  He did say he hopes that Ralph lives a long time.

630045[/snapback]

Given the success story of Golisano and the Sabres, and knowing that Jim couldn't afford to buy the Bills by himself, I would imagine that Jim might head a group of investors that would buy the team from Ralph's estate after he passes. Ralph can't will the team to Jim...that would be the same as if he willed it to his kids. The estate tax is what would make whoever inherited the team be forced to sell it. Buying the team from the estate, for a price that could be predetermined, would be the way to go.

That single comment made my night. :(

The Quite Frankly website now says that the show will be on Thursday night, March 23, at 11, and is combined with Steven's interview of Warren Moon. Actually, Steven did say at the taping that the two interviews would be combined into one show.

The Quite Frankly website now says that the show will be on Thursday night, March 23, at 11, and is combined with Steven's interview of Warren Moon.  Actually, Steven did say at the taping that the two interviews would be combined into one show.

638259[/snapback]

I was going to ask you a question, but your sig line has me too depressed. damn.

The Quite Frankly website now says that the show will be on Thursday night, March 23, at 11, and is combined with Steven's interview of Warren Moon.  Actually, Steven did say at the taping that the two interviews would be combined into one show.

Thanks...........

http://espn.go.com/eoe/qf/

I was going to ask you a question, but your sig line has me too depressed. damn.

638285[/snapback]

No sh--, right? Ironic that he references Marv in that statement, and now Marv is back and he wants out.