RFA - Peters

VABills

Okay everyone here bar one. ME. Thinks Peters is great. As a restricted and undrafted Free Agent, any team can sign him, and Buffalo if they choose not to match doesn't even get a draft pick. I know this because I checked the rules.

So if Peters is SO GREAT, how come no others teams are willing to sign him to an offer or hell even talk to him.

Me thinks it's because, well, I am right. he isn't that good.

Okay everyone here bar one.  ME.  Thinks Peters is great.  As a restricted and undrafted Free Agent, any team can sign him, and Buffalo if they choose not to match doesn't even get a draft pick.  I know this because I checked the rules. 

So if Peters is SO GREAT, how come no others teams are willing to sign him to an offer or hell even talk to him. 

Me thinks it's because, well, I am right.  he isn't that good.

628738[/snapback]

I think he's somewhat of an unknown commodity around the league, and those who do know about him probably feel that the Bills would match any offer anyway.

Okay everyone here bar one.  ME.  Thinks Peters is great.  As a restricted and undrafted Free Agent, any team can sign him, and Buffalo if they choose not to match doesn't even get a draft pick.  I know this because I checked the rules. 

628738[/snapback]

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3624

Peters is an exclusive rights FA.

Thanks for playing.

Actually its because this was only the end of his second season in the NFL. So he is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent. Not a Restricted Free Agent. Buffalo and ONLY Buffalo can offer him a deal.

Expect him to sign a long term deal midseason if he improves and continues to hold down the tackle spot.

If not, he'd be a RFA after next year and most likely get a High Tender offer

Despite not being drafted, you can tender him as high as making the compensation a 1st and 3rd round pick

Peters is not well known. There will likely be more competition for him later in FA.

Or maybe his agent won't talk to teams (or make public talks) that aren't likely to offer near what they (agent/Peters) thinks he's worth? If they accept an offer, then that's it, that is all the Bills need to match.

I would guess that he'll get a decent offer, but that it will be later in free agency.

628738[/snapback]

Me thinks its because he has 11 career starts, was an undrafted FA tight end coming out of college and the Bills o-line sucked last year.

But then again, maybe its that pesky exclusive rights thingy. :P

Or... what Pyrate and daninator said!

I  think Peters perfomed as well last year as you can reasonably expect any draft pick to perform in their first year.  I think Peters is as talented as a first round pick.

628784[/snapback]

Agreed, watch out VaBills might bust out a scouting report on ya.