This is what the rest of the offseason

Right now I believe we have between 10-11 million to spend. Taking out 2-3 million for the draft pool that leaves us at about 7.5 million to spend. After the release of Moulds, and Bernie Anderson that will free up another 6.5 million. We should have around 14 million more to spend.

Sign Ryan Picket. (I'm thinking a deal that starts at about 3 million)

Sign John Runyan. (The guy is 31 but is still nasty. I'm thinking his deal would start at about 2.5 million)

Sign Kevin Mawae or another Center in free agency. I believe there is one from Tennessee that is pretty good. (This deal should start at about 2 mill.)

Sign the best available SS that fits our system. Not sure who it could be, but I'm sure Levy has to have his eye on someone. (I'm guessing it would start at about 2 mill. as well though)

That leaves us with about 4.5-5 million more to spend not including the draft pool. That should be used for depth players.

Trade our 3rd and 4th rounder along with the 8th overall for Tennessee's 3rd overall pick. According to the value chart this is fair. With this pick we take Mario Williams.

With our 2nd rounder we take the best available guard. I'm thinking one of these 3: Davin Joseph, Max Jean-Giles, Charles Spencer. Anyone one of them should be good enough to come in and start from day one.

With our 3rd rounder take a safety so we can groom him.

Obviously this would be my dream offseason, but this is what it would look like:

Losman

Mgcahee

Shelton/possibly FA

A. Davis

L. Evans

R. Parrish

Royal/Everrett

RT: John Runyan

RG: Davin Joseph

C: Kevin Mawae

LG: Chris Valliral

LT: Jason Peters

DE: Mario Williams

DT: Larry Tripplet

DT: Ryan Pickett

DE: Aaron Schobel

LB's: Spikes, Fletcher, Crowell

CB's: Clements, McGee

FS: T. Vincent/R. Baker

SS: 3rd round pick or FA

Its going to cost a lot more than a 3rd and a 4th to move up to number three. Plus if New Orleans signs Brees IMHO they'll be drafting Mario #2 overall. Pickett has stated around here that he wants a 4 year deal in the $20 mil range (a little overpriced for him if you ask me, but none the less it's what he thinks he's worth). I like your plan, I'm just not sure it will fall into place that easily. That would be nice though.

Right now I believe we have between 10-11 million to spend.  Taking out 2-3 million for the draft pool that leaves us at about 7.5 million to spend.  After the release of Moulds, and Bernie Anderson that will free up another 6.5 million.  We should have around 14 million more to spend. 

Sign Ryan Picket.  (I'm thinking a deal that starts at about 3 million)

Sign John Runyan. (The guy is 31 but is still nasty.  I'm thinking his deal would start at about 2.5 million)

Sign Kevin Mawae or another Center in free agency.  I believe there is one from Tennessee that is pretty good.  (This deal should start at about 2 mill.)

Sign the best available SS that fits our system.  Not sure who it could be, but I'm sure Levy has to have his eye on someone.  (I'm guessing it would start at about 2 mill. as well though)

That leaves us with about 4.5-5 million more to spend not including the draft pool.  That should be used for depth players.

Trade our 3rd and 4th rounder along with the 8th overall for Tennessee's 3rd overall pick.  According to the value chart this is fair.  With this pick we take Mario Williams.

With our 2nd rounder we take the best available guard.  I'm thinking one of these 3: Davin Joseph, Max Jean-Giles, Charles Spencer.  Anyone one of them should be good enough to come in and start from day one.

With our 3rd rounder take a safety so we can groom him.

Obviously this would be my dream offseason, but this is what it would look like:

Losman

Mgcahee

Shelton/possibly FA

A. Davis

L. Evans

R. Parrish

Royal/Everrett

RT: John Runyan

RG: Davin Joseph

C: Kevin Mawae

LG: Chris Valliral

LT: Jason Peters

DE: Mario Williams

DT: Larry Tripplet

DT: Ryan Pickett

DE: Aaron Schobel

LB's: Spikes, Fletcher, Crowell

CB's: Clements, McGee

FS: T. Vincent/R. Baker

SS: 3rd round pick or FA

628102[/snapback]

I will NOT be happy if Andre Davis is our #2 receiver at the start of next season.

Mr. Gambini, that is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out argument....

Overruled!

(Kidding...sounds good)

628104[/snapback]

i dunno, i personally like da two youts on the d-line

im finished wit dis guy!

all time fav movie