Mort says Brees is in Miami right now

Says this means the two sides are SERIOUS right now (well no sh*t Mort, I thought Miami was just messing around). NO is still in the fold but it looks like Miami might be the front runner right now. Don't know how to feel about all this: I don't want Miami getting this much better but I want the Saints to draft a QB with there first pick.

I'd be pissed cause I hate it when likeable players go to Miami.....I couldn't believe how awesome it was when JJ signed up as head coach......that was perfect. I give Brees credit for raising his game when they drafted Rivers, though....I think the guy has balls. That's not the kind of player I want in our division, particularly at Miami.

NO offered a deal worth about $10 mil a year according to Mort.  So I'm sure it will be something like that, hopefully a little more.

Word is the Dols were offering a lot less, but the chance to make more if he did well. I hope Drew is smart and holds out for the big bucks. As I said before, he's damaged goods, the Dols have no LT or center, and they have Mularkey as their OC. :D

Word is the Dols were offering a lot less, but the chance to make more if he did well.  I hope Drew is smart and holds out for the big bucks.  As I said before, he's damaged goods, the Dols have no LT or center, and they have Mularkey as their OC. :D

626143[/snapback]

They don't have Antonio Gates either! Let'em spend their money on him he has a noodle arm.

Word is the Dols were offering a lot less, but the chance to make more if he did well.  I hope Drew is smart and holds out for the big bucks.  As I said before, he's damaged goods, the Dols have no LT or center, and they have Mularkey as their OC. :D

626143[/snapback]

And as I've said before I had the same operation last Tuesday and it's not that bad. My labral tear was considered very bad (tore about 80% of the thing), and while I'm no NFL QB I am young and pretty athletic, and I expect to be 100% by the end of May. IMHO he'll be just fine.

And as I've said before I had the same operation last Tuesday and it's not that bad.  My labral tear was considered very bad (tore about 80% of the thing), and while I'm no NFL QB I am young and pretty athletic, and I expect to be 100% by the end of May.  IMHO he'll be just fine.

626148[/snapback]

I'm not questioning your diagnosis...never had the injury and know little about it.

I'm just wondering why SD lets Brees walk. Many thought the Bills were stupid to let Bledsoe go and give the reins to JP. Perhaps...but, Drew was old and too immobile to function on a team with a piss-poor OL. You can debate whether the Bills would have been better with DB...but, no way are they a playoff team last year even with DB. So, if the Bills kept DB, JP would be that much further behind in his development.

Brees is relatively young and fits SD's style. If he's healthy, why would they turn their O over to a QB with virtually NO experience? Do they have other QB options...or is Rivers the man?

I'm not questioning your diagnosis...never had the injury and know little about it.

I'm just wondering why SD lets Brees walk.  Many thought the Bills were stupid to let Bledsoe go and give the reins to JP.  Perhaps...but, Drew was old and too immobile to function on a team with a piss-poor OL.  You can debate whether the Bills would have been better with DB...but, no way are they a playoff team last year even with DB.  So, if the Bills kept DB, JP would be that much further behind in his development.

Brees is relatively young and fits SD's style.  If he's healthy, why would they turn their O over to a QB with virtually NO experience?  Do they have other QB options...or is Rivers the man?

626154[/snapback]

They signed AJ Feeley :D

Resume drinking now :lol:

I'm just wondering why SD lets Brees walk.

Word is that his shoulder isn't coming along as fast as his doctor says it is. Otherwise why would you let him walk? And if he accepts a reasonable deal with Miami that could easily be matched by SD, why wouldn't he have accepted that type of deal in the first place? The Chargers are futher along than the Dols.

They signed AJ Feeley  :D

Resume drinking now    :lol:

626156[/snapback]

Actually, I'm stupidly sober right now. I'll be changing that reasonably soon as the sauce is on the stove and the wine is FINALLY open.

So, how does the addition of the awesome AJ Feely impact my question? Did they get AJ to be the starter? I figure he's a questionable #2.

Actually, I'm stupidly sober right now.  I'll be changing that reasonably soon as the sauce is on the stove and the wine is FINALLY open.

So, how does the addition of the awesome AJ Feely impact my question?  Did they get AJ to be the starter?  I figure he's a questionable #2.

626161[/snapback]

The QB situation in SD makes no sense. There is an unresolved power struggle between Marty-two shoes and AJ. Spanos called the boys in and told them to play nice. Current evidence indicates no progress - they have $20 Mil to spend.

For a team that needs winning seasons to justify the public ballot vote on a new stadium - they are doing everything wrong :D

The QB situation in SD makes no sense.  There is an unresolved power struggle between Marty-two shoes and AJ.  Spanos called the boys in and told them to play nice.  Current evidence indicates no progress - they have $20 Mil to spend.

For a team that needs winning seasons to justify the public ballot vote on a new stadium - they are doing everything wrong  :D

626163[/snapback]

Hacksaw must be having a hayday! :lol:

The ONLY thing that makes sense is that Brees is damaged goods. With the way their offense has been running with him, the amount of money they have in cap room, and the fact that the Dols are looking to give him a contract based on him returning to pre-injury form, there's no other way to look at it BUT that way. A power struggle that gets rid of a seeminly great player like Brees is a sure way to get BOTH guys fired.

I'm just wondering why SD lets Brees walk.  Many thought the Bills were stupid to let Bledsoe go and give the reins to JP.  Perhaps...but, Drew was old and too immobile to function on a team with a piss-poor OL.  You can debate whether the Bills would have been better with DB...but, no way are they a playoff team last year even with DB.  So, if the Bills kept DB, JP would be that much further behind in his development.

Brees is relatively young and fits SD's style.  If he's healthy, why would they turn their O over to a QB with virtually NO experience?  Do they have other QB options...or is Rivers the man?

626154[/snapback]

Fair enough, however if anyone thinks that both New Orleans and Miami haven't consulted their own doctors as to the long term effects of one tearing the labrum in their shoulder, they are sadly mistaken. It wouldn't surpise me if both NO and Miami also wanted to take a look at the original MRI (in the case of a labrum its usually and MRI-arthogram) to evaluate the damage. I'm assuming San Diego let him go because they have Rivers; we all can't believe it because Rivers looked like complete crap in mop up duties last year. Bree's doctor even sent a letter to all NFL teams claiming the surgery was a complete success and he will be 100% by the start of training camp.

Fair enough, however if anyone thinks that both New Orleans and Miami haven't consulted their own doctors as to the long term effects of one tearing the labrum in their shoulder, they are sadly mistaken.  It wouldn't surpise me if both NO and Miami also wanted to take a look at the original MRI (in the case of a labrum its usually and MRI-arthogram) to evaluate the damage. I'm assuming San Diego let him go because they have Rivers; we all can't believe it because Rivers looked like complete crap in mop up duties last year.  Bree's doctor even sent a letter to all NFL teams claiming the surgery was a complete success and he will be 100% by the start of training camp.

626170[/snapback]

Again, I'm not challenging the claim that he is healthy. Just makes SD look REALLY stupid, IMO...that's all.

Why do you want the Saints to draft a QB? Just curious what your rationale is.

626175[/snapback]

So maybe someone like DaBrick, Super Mario, or Hawk falls to us at 8