Larry Tripplet Signs

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry Tripplett....bottom of my want list as far as FA DTs :lol:

Robert Royal.....didn't even know who this guy was before today ;)

We better at least TALK to Bernard, anyone know when Pickett is supposed to visit?

For the money we gave Royal we could have made a serious run at someone like Joe Jurevicious instead. I know its day one, but I really am not to thrilled about these moves.

We have done the big name thing in the past and look where it has got us. Also if you listen to the type of player that the Bills are looking for on the d-line, they described the players they are looking for as mobile, quicker lineman who can pursue rather than just be space eaters. The player type needs to fit the confines of the system being put into place. Sometimes a "name" player doesnt fit the bill.

A perfect example is a player like Adam Archuleta. He is a name FA that people have mentioned as a replacement to Milloy. However Archuleta is a player that is more suited to play closer to the line of scrimmage, similar to LM. With Jauron putting in a cover 2 scheme Archuleta doesn't fit the criteria needed for cover 2 safety. There may be a player like McCree that doesnt have as much name recognition but be more of a player suited to the Bills needs. I think Tripplet is a perfect example of this.

Just my 2 cents...

We have done the big name thing in the past and look where it has got us. Also if you listen to the type of player that the Bills are looking for on the d-line, they described the players they are looking for as mobile, quicker lineman who can pursue rather than just be space eaters. The player type needs to fit the confines of the system being put into place. Sometimes a "name" player doesnt fit the bill.

A perfect example is a player like Adam Archuleta. He is a name FA that people have mentioned as a replacement to Milloy. However Archuleta is a player that is more suited to play closer to the line of scrimmage, similar to LM. With Jauron putting in a cover 2 scheme Archuleta doesn't fit the criteria needed for cover 2 safety. There may be a player like McCree that doesnt have as much name recognition but be more of a player suited to the Bills needs. I think Tripplet is a perfect example of this.

Just my 2 cents...

You are right about Archuletta, besides not fitting our new system we shouldn't sign him because he sucks. Here was my take from another thread....

Adam Archuletta=Coy Wire, just injured more. We cut Milloy because he doesn't fit Jauron's cover 2 scheme and needs to play close to the line of scrimage to really be effective; Archuletta needs to do the same. He's not a good fit here and really, really sucks in coverage: ask any Rams fan and they will tell you the same. I don't know why everyone is so eager to get all these Rams cast offs...I'll take Pickett at the right price (not 20mil) but all the others...no thanks.

You are also right about they type of DTs we are looking for, however Pickett and R. Bernard are 2 that do fit our new system. Man I hope we make a serious run at Bernard.