The Facts about Bledsoe

Peter

Exactly what I was thinking when I was watching Manning today. Green Bay tried to blitz him over and over again and Peyton handled it. He burned the blitz. Now it could be the Bills dont have decent recievers. Ones that read that a blitz is coming and make adjustments to thier routes so Drew can dump it off quickly. This is what happened to Brees today in his game with the Broncos. They blitzed him alot as well but it appeared that he wasnt getting any help from his wide outs.

46368[/snapback]

On the replays on NFL on-demand, I saw the Raiders stack the LOS and all the receivers continue running long. On another play, I saw Bledsoe wriggle out of Ted Washington's grasp enough to fire a perfect pass that would have been a 1st down to Josh Reed, only to have it dropped. It's all well and good to talk about fictional places where to dump the ball or slide in the face of a blitz, and it's quite another to actually HAVE them.

So basically what you're saying is that every time he only has 2 seconds to throw he's going to take a sack instead of reacting to the pressure by dumping it off, sliding in the pocket, or throwing the ball away?

I've seen TONS of QBs have guys come unblocked at them and many times they still make positive plays.  That rarely happens with Drew.

Jimmy Johnson had an accurate statement at the half of the Indy/GB game today when he said, "defenses should defense good QBs and Blitz bad ones."  Tell me, what do defenses do against Drew?  And I don't even want to hear the oline argument, if the D sends more players than the O have blockers someone is going to come free, its up to the QB to make a play.

46334[/snapback]

MDH, you took the words right off my fingertips. Now how about this:

EVEN DREW BLEDSOE HIMSELF knows that to make things happen, you have to be able to move a little bit, which he clearly can't do consistently.

I was watching my TiVo'd "Sounds of the Game" from Broncos/Bills preseason.

At halftime, Drew is sitting with Travis Brown in the locker room. (Earlier in the second qtr, Brown was all but sacked but threw on the run as he was going down and completed for a nice 1st down.) As they are sitting there Drew says to Travis B:

"Nice job out there kid. Move around....scramble...make something happen....Good job."

How ironic.