Bernie Geoffrion Passes on

millbank

Just to late. Bernie Geoffrion passes on from Cancer. Tonight in Montreal they will raise his sweater. It had been hoped he would be able to attend, but it became clear last week it would not be possible and his sons were and are going to stand at center ice in his place. Bernie a true legend of the game part of the greatest hockey teams ever. Boom Boom as he was known because of his slapshot, this he invented. When fifty goals was the standard the great Rocket Richards record, much like Babe Ruths homerun record and the resentment some took at Maris passing it as many wanted the Mick or the record to endure, Bernie scored 50 goals and because of the huge love for the Rocket in Montreal Bernie did not get his due. Many of the greats had their time at center ice with their number raised, Unfortunately they waited to long for Bernie to take his place at center ice. Tonight in Montreal will be a most emotional one. This man amongst the very greatest .

(There is a rather obvious lesson here, that we make the time to care while we able to do so, and leave the petty behind, or we may not get the chance)

Bernie Geoffrion

Just to late. Bernie Geoffrion passes on from Cancer. Tonight in Montreal they will raise his sweater.  It had been hoped he would be able to attend, but it became clear last week it would not be possible and his sons were and are going to stand at center ice in his place.  Bernie a true legend of the game part of the greatest hockey teams ever.  Boom Boom as he was known because of his slapshot,  this he invented.  When fifty goals was the standard the great Rocket Richards record, much like Babe Ruths homerun record and the resentment some took at Maris passing it as many wanted the Mick or the record to endure, Bernie scored 50 goals and because of the huge love for the Rocket in Montreal Bernie did not get his due.  Many of the greats had their  time at center ice with their number raised, Unfortunately they waited to long for Bernie to take his place at center ice. Tonight in Montreal will be a most emotional one.  This man amongst the very greatest .

(There is a rather obvious lesson here, that we make the time to care while we able to do so, and leave the petty behind, or we may not get the chance)

Bernie Geoffrion

624393[/snapback]

That is really sad that he missed seeing his # in the rafters by so little.

I never got to see him play as he was slightly before my time, but I remember him coaching in Atlanta and his Lite Beer commercial. It was a classic.

RIP Boom Boom.

That is really sad that he missed seeing his # in the rafters by so little. 

I never got to see him play as he was slightly before my time, but I remember him coaching in Atlanta and his Lite Beer commercial.  It was a classic.

RIP Boom Boom.

624448[/snapback]

Really sad.

RIP, BG.