another ? for international business

njsue

sometimes this stuff just puzzles me. So I know that there are some people here that know this stuff better than me.

the case title is Is a tax break and export subsidy.

1. How does the FSC item int he US tax code constitute an export subsidy?

2. Do you think that "internal matters" such as tax codes and food safety laws should be excluded from consideration byt the WTO?

3. why do you think the US congress is apparently so reluctant to scap the FSC?

4. Can you see a solution to this trade dispute? What is it?

5. What do you think might occur if the trade dispute is not resolved?

MY POST DIDNOT REQUIRE THAT PUNKS SHOULD REPLY.

JUST AN EXAMPLE THAT THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY IDIOTS ON THIS BOARD.

47261[/snapback]

Sue, I think the gist is that maybe one question is understood, but you are coming across like you need the semester done. How is it you are taking this course without any fundamental application knowledge? Wasn't there a pre-requisite course? As these are really some fairly basic scenarios some cursory background research should give you a heck of a lot better understanding than anyone here. The flavor of your questions indicates that whoever is in charge is challenging you to look at a bigger picture than what is obviously at hand. Figuring it out yourself is the mental exercise required to apply the knowledge in the real world.

The course is international business. Some things I understand. Like the Disney in France case. This was easy to understand. Why disney missed understood the culture. Why they failed in France.

When you ask me about taxes and trade oh for get it.

But, this is an external course.

I do know that there are people on this board who either have a job in the field or have had the knowledge more than I.

If I did not ask the ? how could I learn from the answers.

The Three Worst Ways to Do Your Homework

Worst Way #1:

Look at a problem.

Try to match it up with a similar example in the text or a solutions manual.

Follow that example line by line.

This is bad because:

They don't let you use your book or manual during a test.

You're just watching someone else solve a problem; you did that in class.

You're not getting a good sense of what problems like this look like.

Worst Way #2:

Every time you finish a problem, you look up the answer.

If it's wrong, you keep working on it until you get that answer.

This is bad because:

You're not practicing how to check your own work.

You have no idea what you're trying to correct, an algebra error or a technique error.

Even if you finally can match the text's answer, you don't really know if you were correct or just lucky.

Worst Way #3:

You don't try it at all.

This is bad

This board is becoming way to obnoxious.

You ask for help and you get criticized for not understanding something.

If your intentions are not to help WHY BOTHER POSTING. :)

47357[/snapback]

Sue...you thanked me for helping to simplify a concept. I believe I showed you a simplified way of how to get around it, if you think you can get away with it. Among my many other weird adventures I've done business in Hong Kong. I'd be surprised if your teacher thought my methods were sound. I honestly don't know where I explained the nuances of the concept at all. Ergo, what did I simplify?

The point here is to learn to think out of the box. You got some good responses. You also got ragged, which is exactly what would happen to anyone going to school putting up something for grabs had they asked the questions at the dorm or the bar. You got some answers, and got picked on for fun. Life is. Don't get so personal.

As this is an elective, why take something you have to devote this kind of energy to? Devote the brain drain to your core subjects and take remedial basketweaving for a filler. I still can't get how you are taking International Business without at least a fundamentals of business course for background.

Just my $.02, but I try to be practical.

I am going for a second degree. Several business management classes. Have not had an International business class before. Somethings make my head spin.

Last spring I had a Economics 2 class, YIKES MADE MY HEAD SPIN TO MUCH.

So I got a tutor, some one I work with.

You see. When I dont quite understand something, I will ask someone else to help me.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

What certain people are trying to say is excatly what they should be saying, that you should be finding this out for yourself. Sure, one or two questions is ok, but when you start asking day after day, then you lose self-sufficiency.

I myself am loaded down with two advanced history courses this semester, and believe me, sometimes it gets very difficult to analyze certain things, but in the end it's gotta be done. I turn in my assignments, and hope that my answers are the right answers, or somewhere close. There is no better feeling than the professor telling you great job, and sometimes he'll say work a little more to find the best answer.

I dont ask day after day. Only when I it is clueless to me. Ever read something 10 thousand times and it still makes your head spin. Well then its time to ask some one who understands it better than you to explain it.

I am a smart lady, but not a genuis.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I dont ask day after day. Only when I it is clueless to me. Ever read something 10 thousand times and it still makes your head spin. Well then its time to ask some one who understands it better than you to explain it.

I am a smart lady, but not a genuis.

47763[/snapback]

No one on this board is a genius, believe me! :rolleyes::lol: