Nate Clements cap hit just went up !

___JT___

LB'er is the next deepest, but again overall this is one of the weaker drafts in recent years, especially at CB.

624636[/snapback]

Jimmy Williams, Tye Hill, Ashton Youboty, and Antonio Cromartie are all projected to be first rounders. Huff is a tweener but throw him into that group and thats five who might go in the first. Plus there are kids like Charles Gordon who can be had in the later rounds, who might not develop into stars like the others might but seem like they will definetley be able to contribute at the next level. I like this years CB class.

No way in hell is anyone giving up two 1sts for Nate! No way!  I think he's worth a lot more than a mid second also but I just don't see anyone giving up a first in order to get him.  By the way the draft is actually pretty DEEP at the CB position this year...especially if you add Huff considering he might play either corner or safety.

624622[/snapback]

It is a good draft for 2nd tier CBs. But at the top? Not really. I think most people view Huff as a safety. That really leaves Jimmy Williams who is close to a 1st round lock and like Huff, some teams will probably view him as a safety. There may be another CB or two that will sneak into R1, but its not a given.

It is a good draft for 2nd tier CBs.  But at the top?  Not really.  I think most people view Huff as a safety.  That really leaves Jimmy Williams who is close to a 1st round lock and like Huff,  some teams will probably view him as a safety.  There may be another CB or two that will sneak into R1,  but its not a given.

Yep, that's what I've been saying. And Williams' character problems are a MAJOR red flag.

Yep, that's what I've been saying.  And Williams' character problems are a MAJOR red flag.

624681[/snapback]

Excellent...you seem to have some info here (I've been asking for it for weeks).

What are Williams' character issues. So far everyone has pointed to him being tossed from the bowl game for bumping a ref. Other than that, what are his issues?

Most reports I've read say that this is one of the weakest drafts in memory.  That doesn't mean there isn't good quantity, but there's not a lot of quality.

624665[/snapback]

IMHO last years draft was pretty crappy outside of Outside Linbackers/situational DEs (Merriman, Ware, Johnson). Not to mention we got RP and KE with are first two picks. I'm not hating on Roscoe by any means but I think we all looked something like this when TD took him over an interior lineman....... :lol:

He's had some run-ins with the law.

624697[/snapback]

Any real info on that? i just looked at 6-7 draft profile of the guy...google searched him...result: nothing on trouble with the law, coaches, teammates...nothing. I didn't go crazy, but something like that SHOULD pop and be mentioned ...no?

I'm very confused about this rumor.

if we get a first and second or third, it might be worth it with clements.

ditching him and getting huff, signing a good safety in FA, and drafting a solid guy at safety in round 2 or 3 might be our best bet.

it will free up money, but is there anyone to sign?

maybe we can just get every decent OL and DT out there and pay for them with nate's money