Free Agent Spending Frenzy

Tolstoy

My impression is that, more so than other sports, free agent spending splurges rarely if ever bring an NFL team to the promised land. What is wiser is careful selection of one or two free agents who can offer a lot, and fill some holes in your lineup. See the NE Patriots the last few years. I have no hard facts at my fingertips here, however.

What this means is that we should not expect the Bills to go crazy in free agency, nor should we be disappointed if they only grab a couple of players. If the Bills are going to get good, it will be through good drafting, good cap management, and good coaching. Free agency is but a part of the puzzle.

That being said, I hope to God they grab a good OLman and DLman.

My impression is that, more so than other sports, free agent spending splurges rarely if ever bring an NFL team to the promised land.  What is wiser is careful selection of one or two free agents who can offer a lot, and fill some holes in your lineup.  See the NE Patriots the last few years.  I have no hard facts at my fingertips here, however.

What this means is that we should not expect the Bills to go crazy in free agency, nor should we be disappointed if they only grab a couple of players.  If the Bills are going to get good, it will be through good drafting, good cap management, and good coaching.  Free agency is but a part of the puzzle.

That being said, I hope to God they grab a good OLman and DLman.

623945[/snapback]

Didn't Denver get a whole new line via FA? They did prettty well, if I recall correctly.