Javon Walker is unhappy in GB

marck

Here is the link to a report from ESPN regarding Javon Walker of Green Bay:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

It states how he is very unhappy with the Packers and wants out of Green Bay. Although he is recovering from a knee injury sustained in last year's season opener, he does represent an explosive offensive player.

Does anyone think it would be possible to trade Eric Moulds and one of our 3rd round picks to Green Bay to get Javon Walker.

If I was the GM, I would offer Green Bay our lower 3rd round pick and next year's #2 for Walker, bring him in, re-do a new contract for him and then release Eric Moulds.

This would be a good deal for both teams as the Packers are rebuilding and need draft choices and the Bills could a potential pro-bowl WR at a contract far lower then what Moulds is making. Also this would alleviate the need to sign a WR as a free agent and cost us only one 1st day draft choice this year. Also, next year's draft looks to be significantly weaker because of the large influx of underclassmen entering this year's draft.

Just want to see the prevailing opinion from everyone on line.

Don’t get me wrong, Walker is a great wide out, but I think GB would ask way too much for him. We have a great number 1 WR (Evens) and a very good number 2 WR (Moulds). We really don’t need Walker. I would love to have him on the team, but I would not sell the farm to get him.

Here is the link to a report from ESPN regarding Javon Walker of Green Bay:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

It states how he is very unhappy with the Packers and wants out of Green Bay.  Although he is recovering from a knee injury sustained in last year's season opener, he does represent an explosive offensive player.

Does anyone think it would be possible to trade Eric Moulds and one of our 3rd round picks to Green Bay to get Javon Walker. 

If I was the GM, I would offer Green Bay our lower 3rd round pick and next year's #2 for Walker, bring him in, re-do a new contract for him and then release Eric Moulds.

This would be a good deal for both teams as the Packers are rebuilding and need draft choices and the Bills could a potential pro-bowl WR at a contract far lower then what Moulds is making.  Also this would alleviate the need to sign a WR as a free agent  and cost us only one 1st day draft choice this year.  Also, next year's draft looks to be significantly weaker because of the large influx of underclassmen entering this year's draft.

Just want to see the prevailing opinion from everyone on line.

623337[/snapback]

I don’t believe that. There is such a high demand for WR this year. You cant draft that quality of a WR on the second day, or at least not one that will contribute now.

I have heard a rumor ........ from a well placed rumor monger, the GB is looking for a "second day" draft pick for JW.

If that were even remotely true ....... I'd go for it in a heart beat.

623348[/snapback]

I don’t believe that.  There is such a high demand for WR this year.  You cant draft that quality of a WR on the second day, or at least not one that will contribute now.

623354[/snapback]

Oops ....... my bad ....... I got my rumors mixed up ....... the second day pick was for Patrick Ramsey, NOT Walker ....... thaks for jogging my memory

now that my memory has been thoughly joggeled I need a nap :rolleyes: