And then there is the Iran Problem

I don't think its a bluff.  Iran has taken and held American hostages in Iran, Lebanon and many believe they are responsible for Khobar Towers.

621262[/snapback]

Then this is one that we need to get or keep the rest of the World, including China and Russia at least tacitly on our side, if not rhetorically. Sounds like they grudgingly are at this point. Hope the Bush folks ride herd delicately on those folks, but insistently.

They are taking a page out of the DPRK playbook. This is exactly what the DPRK did when threatened with referral to the Security Council. The SC immediately backed down.

They are taking a page out of the DPRK playbook. This is exactly what the DPRK did when threatened with referral to the Security Council. The SC immediately backed down.

621425[/snapback]

They are going to try and use the "Oil weapon".

Funny thing is, most of their oil right now is the high sulfur kind, and they are having trouble selling it.

And they actually have to import all of their gasoline, because they have no way to refine it.

So, it they go ahead and stop selling it all, the rest of the world could stop all imports into Iran, and you could have a government collapse in a month or two....

It might push our prices up to $3.00 a gallon for while, but we could handle that for a few months...

Then this is one that we need to get or keep the rest of the World, including China and Russia at least tacitly on our side, if not rhetorically.  Sounds like they grudgingly are at this point.  Hope the Bush folks ride herd delicately on those folks, but insistently.

621296[/snapback]

It is easy to be on our side now, it isn't costing anyone much. If military force is used against Iran, I don't know if we will keep that "support", such as it is.

They are taking a page out of the DPRK playbook.

621425[/snapback]

When I read the article this morning that was EXACTLY what I thought.

See there, you learnt me somethin'! :blink:

See there, you learnt me somethin'!  :rolleyes:

621652[/snapback]

It can happen. :)

The tactics are pretty much the same. Do not underestimate the amount that Iran and the DPRK have been working together on this issue. It shows in the similarities in how they are addressing the problem.