J Jones on the side of the Little Guy?

NFL/NFLPA deadlocked

Sorry if posted (Will return power point later)...

If Im reading this right, Jones is on the side of the small market teams and Kraft is crying like a little $$%&%^......

I wonder where Dan in DC stands in all of this?

614390[/snapback]

Clearly JJ is not on the side of the small market guys. What he is saying is that he and the large market guys would have to go out and find additional sources of revenues if he were required to share their local revenues.

No, Jones isn't on the side of the small market teams. He's saying that the small market teams don't do much to generate revenue. I guess there's TONS of money in small markets like Buffalo, that morons like Ralph haven't figured-out how to tap. Right.

And Kraft has a point about stadium debt.

And Kraft has a point about stadium debt.

614412[/snapback]

What, that he wasn't able to use his considerable leverage to get the community to build one for him? Why is an inability to lobby on his part a problem for everyone else to deal with?

Well, if you use the NHL as a model, we'll be seeing some great football in 2009, after the yearlong lockout of 08.

614429[/snapback]

I'm down using that as a model, especially if the Sabes win the Cup this year. :D

I could almost use a break from football.

What, that he wasn't able to use his considerable leverage to get the community to build one for him?  Why is an inability to lobby on his part a problem for everyone else to deal with?

Well that brings up an interesting point. I guess if I were a Mass resident, I'd be loving Kraft for not making me pay, per se, for the new stadium. However that means nothing to the rest of the country.

And Kraft will own the stadium. Ralph doesn't own The Ralph.

I'm down using that as a model, especially if the Sabes win the Cup this year. :D

I could almost use a break from football.

614447[/snapback]

This is the first time I think I've ever been able to say that, too.....I'm more excited about the World Cup this summer than I am the draft or the upcoming season. Part of that is because I LOVE the World Cup, but soccer typically doesn't get me more fired up than football.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!!

I think they'll get it done, at least I hope, because they have to. The last thing the NFL needs right now is a walkout/lockout. If they !@#$ this up, both sides will deserve the backlash they will get.

If it's true that Mr. Jones is on record as saying the smaller market teams don't work as hard as his, how does he know? This idiot benefits by location alone.

If Nike and Pepsi are going to do a sponsorship deal with an NFL team, would they pick a growth market like Dallas, or stagnant markets like Buffalo or Green Bay?

Jerry gets it by default. Actually, it's the smaller market teams that work harder,

because they're working to get much smaller revenue sources.

Man, I wish there was a way to force that bozo out of the league.

What, that he wasn't able to use his considerable leverage to get the community to build one for him?  Why is an inability to lobby on his part a problem for everyone else to deal with?

614433[/snapback]

Right on. And I don't want to hear him pi$$ and moan. It costs $40 freakin' dollars to park in his lots.......then you have to walk a f@#king mile to get to the stadium. Do have any idea what it's like walking a mile with a sixpack of Michs clanking around in your pocket. I can just about kill them before arriving at the stadium. Jiminy Crickets!!

It'd be funny if kraft screwed himself. He pushes for a deal that screw over low income teams. Then the pats stop winning (as they will) and everybody in short football attention span boston stop caring about the pats, and attendance goes down and now he doesn't make much money. thus screwing himself over.

It'd be funny if kraft screwed himself. He pushes for a deal that screw over low income teams. Then the pats stop winning (as they will) and everybody in short football attention span boston stop caring about the pats, and attendance goes down and now he doesn't make much money. thus screwing himself over.

That, his stadium debt gets harder to pay-off, and the value of the Pats decreases.

Kraft is not the only one who is having the staduim debt issues, 4 or 5 other clubs, like Houstan, also have debts.. The problem is teams like AZ and Cinn that do not do any marketing and never spends to the cap limit. Where the Texans, Pats,Cowboys and some others do a lot of marketing. Why should these teams get more of a share if they do not do anything to create more revenue while they still have a lot of debt for new stadiums. Ten games a year do not create enough money to pay off these debts.

What do you think the new owner of the Bills will do when they spend 600 to 700 million to buy the Bills. Season tickets will not be averaging 58.00 a game.