Throw Bush to the rabid flesh-eating liberals

ASCI

The effective joint liberal and media PR campaign to take down Bush and Cheney is a meaningless battle victory; Bush is not running in 08. I doubt that the attacks on Bush will bear any fruit in the 06 elections for the simple reason that Democrat’s have no message or plan other then the anti-Bush theme.

The conservatives have won the war in the Supreme Court with two new conservative members. I see this as the most important legacy of the Bush administration effectively putting and end to the far left designs of judicial activism and the living constitution concept. Ahhhh I can breathe easier.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The effective joint liberal and media PR campaign to take down Bush and Cheney is a meaningless battle victory; Bush is not running in 08.  I doubt that the attacks on Bush will bear any fruit in the 06 elections for the simple reason that Democrat’s have no message or plan other then the anti-Bush theme.

The conservatives have won the war in the Supreme Court with two new conservative members.  I see this as the most important legacy of the Bush administration effectively putting and end to the far left designs of judicial activism and the living constitution concept.  Ahhhh I can breathe easier.

613851[/snapback]

Just remember Stevens is a french fry away from the grave. You could see one more constitutional judge before all is said and done.

So what kind of shovel will be used to bury him?

613889[/snapback]

Are we jumping the shovel shark or should we simply continue to pick on Bill because after all...he's Bill?

Yeah, you're right. Pick on Bill.

I say the 12 ouncer folding camp pooper scooper with the serrated fighting edge that really makes it an adjustable headed battle axe if you are a suicidal idiot.

Braveheart was on last night, too.

I say the 12 ouncer folding camp pooper scooper with the serrated fighting edge that really makes it an adjustable headed battle axe if you are a suicidal idiot.

613898[/snapback]

Sounds like a bad commercial for a GI Joe action figure.

Are we jumping the shovel shark or should we simply continue to pick on Bill because after all...he's Bill?

613898[/snapback]

I like the idea of a bunker buster to bury him myself.

613898[/snapback]

Jump the shark? Here? What are you on drugs?

I liked Braveheart, they had cool shovels.

The effective joint liberal and media PR campaign to take down Bush and Cheney is a meaningless battle victory; Bush is not running in 08.  I doubt that the attacks on Bush will bear any fruit in the 06 elections for the simple reason that Democrat’s have no message or plan other then the anti-Bush theme.

The conservatives have won the war in the Supreme Court with two new conservative members.  I see this as the most important legacy of the Bush administration effectively putting and end to the far left designs of judicial activism and the living constitution concept.  Ahhhh I can breathe easier.

613851[/snapback]

Waaaah, legislating from the bench! Waaaah, the Constitution's not static for all eternity! Waaaah! :lol:

:lol:

Just remember  Stevens is a french fry away from the grave.  You could see one more constitutional judge before all is said and done.

613885[/snapback]

He doesn't go quail hunting with Dick Cheney so I like his odds of out living Scalia.

Waaaah, legislating from the bench!  Waaaah, the Constitution's not static for all eternity!  Waaaah!  :lol:

613965[/snapback]

Hey, just remember there are rules in place to "legally" change the constiution. They are called amendments and require that so many states agree to the change. Not a group of 9 people who are unelected changing it based on a whim.

Hey, just remember there are rules in place to "legally" change the constiution.  They are called amendments and require that so many states agree to the change.  Not a group of 9 people who are unelected changing it based on a whim.

613972[/snapback]

"Change" of course being defined in this context as "interpreting it in a way I disagree with." Waaah, waaah, waaah!

Waaaah, legislating from the bench!  Waaaah, the Constitution's not static for all eternity!  Waaaah!  :lol:

613965[/snapback]

Your assignment for tonight is to read the Federalist Papers. I bet you could get a copy from Darin if you don’t mind all the highlighter marks.

Hey, just remember there are rules in place to "legally" change the constiution.  They are called amendments and require that so many states agree to the change.  Not a group of 9 people who are unelected changing it based on a whim.

613972[/snapback]

And still, what do they really affect on a day to day basis that is so important? Unless one is a legal scholar, who can readily discuss their decisions over the last month?

I'm sorry (not really, I lied) but R vs. W, gay marriage, etc are not issues critical to the preservation of the constitution nor the union. Lots of hand wringing over SCJ's but unless it's an issue that makes CNN or FOX, generally unimportant, it's under the radar anyway. I think it means more to lawyers, than anyone else. And it should.

Executive powers seem to be a big thing right now, but I also have enough respect for the wisdom of that court to have some sense. The most right wing among them is not going to make monumental decision that will also give carte blanche to the left in the future, and vice versa. That would be pretty stupid. I don't think they are stupid, or they wouldn't get to be even nominated to be SC Judges.

I'm out of my territory here, so I'm just going on gut opinion.