Going to Raleigh NC this weekend

Like A Mofo

Raleigh is not really a tourist city -- I'm sure your wife's friends will know of good places to eat, etc. There are many fun bars downtown. If you head down I-40 to Durham (less than 30 min.), Duke Gardens is a great place to visit during the day. If you're into college towns, a trip through Chapel Hill is a must.

If you were single I would tell you to hit hillsborough street. I've bar/clubbed hopped down that street on many occasions. If you're lucky, you might even get a girl from NC State take you back to her dorm room. </flashback>

The NC museum of art is in Raleigh. You have Adventure Landing which is more of a family place. (Putt-putt, laser tag, etc...) There is a civil war battle field you could go visit. Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley use to show up at the wearhouse from time to time. However, I don't think the 18 year olds they danced with were their wives. It really depends on what you and your wife are looking to do.

Glenwood Ave in Raleigh is a good place to go. Not much in Durham - the old DAP (about 10 blocks north of the new stadium). See if you can get into the chapel at Duke and Cameron Indoor (you'll be amazed at how small it is). Franklin Ave in Chapel Hill is good for a cruise.

Plenty of regional and different places to eat at all 3.

I miss Raleigh this time of the year. 1 hour south - Pinehurst.