Great article

The Tomcat

But, of course, those weren't all first round picks. Randel-El was the last pick of the 2nd. Doug Jolley the last pick of the fourth. McMichael in the fourth. Westbrook in the 3rd. He was taking about the entire draft.

606055[/snapback]

Okay, I see what you're saying now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Williams was the right pick at the time. Plain and simple. It just didn't work out.

605366[/snapback]

Absolutely. The season could have gone different and we could have had a chance at Peppers, but I think you clearly pick Mike Williams with that pick, unless you have picked up something the rest of us haven't (that he is a loser on the inside). I don't blame TD for Mike Williams nearly as much as other picks. I blame Mike Williams for Mike Williams. That much physical talent and no heart lead to one big loser. That much physical talent and an average heart and you have a stud. That much heart and a superstar heart and you have a legend. We got unlucky, but there are many other top four picks just as bad. The hindsight thing is silly.

All that said, we need a great draft this year, with a combination of research and scouting, smart decisions, and good luck. That and Mario Williams slipping to 8 :doh:

We may get into our tussle about Bryce Fisher, but that certainly plays into the hindsight analysis.  TD must have really thought that Fisher sucked for him to trade up to steal Denney from the grasp of the Steelers.

606117[/snapback]

And who would you rather have now?