A story for a reason

Breni

Someone asked me why in the world should I root for the Bills even if I don'have a chance to see them in TV. The main reason is that I have a (maybe masochistic) keen for teams renewed for the intensity of their game and their proud history. An history that is often made of terroble losses but also of proud wins.

I must say that I saw The Comeback live, on TV. At that time some matches were broadcasted here in Italy by a cable-tv. I was flashed by the proudness that those Bills showed, and I fell in love with them.

Now we have the Olimpic Games in Italy, in Turin, and this helps me to tell you another tale of proudness, tragedy and suffering (does that reminds you something?). It's the story of a soccerl team, the second team of Turin. It's the blue-collar team, called Torino and wearing crimson uniforms.

An article on The Herald Tribune explains fairly well what happened and I think that it's an interesting read in those days fo doldrums.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/10/sports/oly.php

I must also add that Torino had also its Comeback. During the match with Juventus (the other team of Turin, the rich and hated one) in 1983 Torino managed to score three goals in less that 4 minutes after trailing 0-2 for most of the game, winning a game that I must show to my nephews if I ever will have some.

Thah's why Bills and Torino are my favourite teams.

Let's hope that nowadays Bills will show soon the same proudness that I used to see those days.

Breni,

Parma, Italy.

Someone asked me why in the world should I root for the Bills even if I don'have a chance to see them in TV. The main reason is that I have a (maybe masochistic) keen for teams renewed for the intensity of their game and their proud history. An history that is often made of terroble losses but also of proud wins.

I must say that I saw The Comeback live, on TV. At that time some matches were broadcasted here in Italy by a cable-tv. I was flashed by the proudness that those Bills showed, and I fell in love with them.

Now we have the Olimpic Games in Italy, in Turin, and this helps me to tell you another tale of proudness, tragedy and suffering (does that reminds you something?). It's the story of a soccerl team, the second team of Turin. It's the blue-collar team, called Torino and wearing crimson uniforms.

An article on The Herald Tribune explains fairly well what happened and I think that it's an interesting read in those days fo doldrums.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/10/sports/oly.php

I must also add that Torino had also its Comeback. During the match with Juventus (the other team of Turin, the rich and hated one) in 1983 Torino managed to score three goals in less that 4 minutes after trailing 0-2 for most of the game, winning a game that I must show to my nephews if I ever will have some.

Thah's why Bills and Torino are my favourite teams.

Let's hope that nowadays Bills will show soon the same proudness that I used to see those days.

Breni,

Parma, Italy.

600894[/snapback]

Welcome, Breni. Hopefully, I'll get to see Torino play sometime. (We get precious little international soccer here.) Glad to hear you're a Bills' fan, though. If you hang out here, you'll find out there are Bills fans posting from all over the world.

I wish I was in Parma, right now. Some wine, cheese and prosciutto...mmmmm. i may just go get some of that now!

Amico mio, io so romanista lol

io non guardo piu la serie A perche la Serie A fa schifo, gli arbitri, la FIGC e quella putana Rosella Sensi

La Juve e la rovina

Io so Napolitano, di Salerno e aspetto per un anno che la Napoli ritrova un altro maradona :doh:

Amico mio, io so romanista lol

io non guardo piu la serie A perche la Serie A fa schifo, gli arbitri, la FIGC e quella putana Rosella Sensi

La Juve e la rovina

Io so Napolitano, di Salerno e aspetto per un anno che la Napoli ritrova un altro maradona :D

600926[/snapback]

Here's the Babel Fish translation:

"Friend mine, I know romanista lol I I ago do not watch piu the series To perche the Series schifo, the wills, the FIGC and that putana Rosella Senses the Juve and the ruin I know Napolitano, of Salerno and aspect for a year that Naples finds again an other maradona"

Looks like this translation program could use some work, but I guess it serves the purpose of translating the general nature of a sentence or paragraph.

Here's the Babel Fish translation:

"Friend mine, I know romanista lol I I ago do not watch piu the series To perche the Series schifo, the wills, the FIGC and that putana Rosella Senses the Juve and the ruin I know Napolitano, of Salerno and aspect for a year that Naples finds again an other maradona"

Looks like this translation program could use some work, but I guess it serves the purpose of translating the general nature of a sentence or paragraph.

601353[/snapback]

lmao

actually, i wrote

my friend i am romanista ( a roma fan)

i don't watch italian league soccer because it has become way too corrupt like the FIGC (the governing body of soccer in Italy) control the refs and are extremely biased. As well as the daughter of the owner (who is too old to run things) has destroyed this team. Juve is destroying soccer.

Im a Napoli fan as well and hope that one day they can find another guy like Maradona to bring them back up to stardom.

>(the governing body of soccer in Italy) control the refs and are extremely biased. 

Just like in the NFL! ;-)

601484[/snapback]

at least the owner of the NFL isn't the president of a team as well as president of the United States lol

During the match with Juventus (the other team of Turin, the rich and hated one) in 1983 Torino managed to score three goals in less that 4 minutes after trailing 0-2 for most of the game, winning a game that I must show to my nephews if I ever will have some.

600894[/snapback]

juventus...aren't they the ones whose fans caused that horrible brawl in england where a whole bunch of people got trampled to death? i remember there was italian guys in black and white scarves involved, and a whole bunch of people got beat up and killed. maybe it was the british guys that started it...(hmmm...seems plausible, that) sports illustrated did a huge story about it...it was like maybe 20 years ago.

juventus...aren't they the ones whose fans caused that horrible brawl in england where a whole bunch of people got trampled to death?  i remember there was italian guys in black and white scarves involved, and a whole bunch of people got beat up and killed.  maybe it was the british guys that started it...(hmmm...seems plausible, that) sports illustrated did a huge story about it...it was like maybe 20 years ago.

601557[/snapback]

ya

it was during a Champions League in Liverpool. The English fans started it I believe and when Juventus and Liverpool faced last year in the CHampions League semi-finals, the Liverpool fans offered their apology in a banner in which the Juventus fans responded with a hateful chant.

There has been more than one incident in soccer where fans have become extremely violent and destroyed stadiums and such.