Free 7 Rd Computer Draft

1gap2gap

I think it all comes down to the meaning of the word "succesfull"  I do not consider a player from any program who is on a loosing team and has a police record but he is named to the pro bowl-- as succesfull. I do not consider a player that shows up for his first year of his contract and the last year of his contract and has great stats - makes a big killing in free agency and is never heard from again except in police reports --- to be succesfull. 

There are a lot of VERY good players that have been succesful and have come out of the Miami program and there are a lot of players who have come from this program and have underachived and been an embassement to this program and the Miami Alumni who are good people.

The statement was a general statement that did not mention specifics except to say  "A lot"

The Miami program as FSU, TENN, Florida, Texas and on and on and on have sent very talented underachievers to the NFL.  They have also all sent excellent players who have overachieved as well.  I am here to say that it is the responsiblitiy of the player drafted to be a success in the NFL.  Miami has a very talented program but you have to be very careful because there are a lot of players from this program that underachieve and are bad citizens.

Now I want all of you Miami guys to look in the mirror and realise that the program is not perfect.  Can you do that ?  It is not a reflection on you at all.  Do not include yourself in my general statement of the Miami program if it does not apply to you.

Just doing well on the field is not enough any more.  What's the next step- every Sunday we let all the players who have committed crimes out for the day so they can play the game?

600309[/snapback]

This guy has to be joking right, another post this long and still not one fact to back up his orginal post about Miami....WTF? And by the way like I said before I am not a "Miami guy" rather the oposite...a "Va Tech guy" so I don't like giving any credit to Miami, I just can't ignore the obvious. Andre Johnson is supposed to be one of the nicest and most humble players in the league, Ed Reed has overcome a ton to get to where he is at (article in ESPN magazine last year..read it), William Joseph almost gave up football when his parents died less then two years apart while he was college but instead became inspired to take his game to the next level, the Jets are in love with Vilma and he is already one of the leaders of that defense. I have never heard of one legal issue from any of the following players...Antrell Rolle, B. McKinnie, Shockey (made comments but no legal troubles), Willis, Portis, Santana Moss, Wilfork, V. Carey, and all the players I named before. When there are THIS MANY recognizable names from one University the chances of producing some guys who are not perfect tend to increase. Please do not post tellling me I have not read your arguments....I have and I have also provided information proving my point which is something you have not done. Quit telling people to look up police records and provide FACTS to support your own argument.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using that Draft (and the available players at each of the Bills selections), I'd draft:

1) Haloti Ngata, DT from Oregon

2) Taitusi Lutui, OG from USC

3) Dominique Byrd, TE from USC

3) Andrew Whitworth, OT from LSU

4) Anwar Phillips, CB from Penn State

5) Bruce Gradkowski, QB from Toledo

6) Cedric Humes, RB from Virginia Tech

7) Donovan Raiola, OC from Wisconsin

I'll take:

(1) Vince Young QB Texas -- Why is he still on the board?

(2) Jonathan Scott OT Texas -- Liked him in Senior Bowl

(3) Dominique Byrd, TE USC -- Can't believe he's there...

(3) Andrew Whitworth, OT from LSU -- Can't disagree there!

(4) Fred Matua OG USC -- 3 years on the USC line

(5) Montavious Stanley DT Louisville -- Animal

(6) Todd Watkins WR BYU---The Big Receiver we lack

(7) Matt Bernstein FB Wisconsin --- Red Zone blocker, 266 lb.