Titans and Bills...two star crossed teams

Will Tennessee/Buffalo hook up in the playoffs again?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tennessee/Buffalo hook up in the playoffs again?

• yeah...it's destiny.
    • whatever man, take your Lithium...

The Titans/Oilers have never won a Super Bowl.

The Bills have never won a Super Bowl...

Music City Miracles and losing a huge lead...crazy stuff...

THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WANT TO LOOK AT

Buffalo won four straight conference championships.

There is something to be said for that.

Never has either team won a Super Bowl.

They each won an AFL Championship back in the 60's.

Whenever the Titans get back to the AFC Championship wouldn't it be crazy if the Bills were there? What do you think the chances of that are?

click the link please

And what about close? Close...you know...The Bills have been close too.

click here, please

Do you think the Bills will be there whenever we make the playoffs again?

sorry, the image tags don't for for me cause I'm a noob I think...click here

ps- I would have liked to place those urls in image tags but they seem to be disabled... :lol:

ICE, is that you?

598930[/snapback]

I'm Bipolar the real Bipolar and all you other bipolars are just...just bipolar.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/bipo...an/DSC05113.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/bipo...an/DSC04395.jpg

:lol:

Give me some Buffalo love ya'll...c'mon...

here's my "home page"...I bring the offseaon good...

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/member.php?u=1948

seriously guys...let's talk about the post season oilers/bills TT/BB...BB/TT on MNF...

good stuff...AFL Champs? That's all we've got to show for forty years of super bowl history...oh yeah...your team has been in it exactly one - tenth of the time...

This troll didn't "bring no smack now" hell no...

Your dealing with a smart MF that can't figure out your image tags...

I want to talk it up around the damn league and if your forum blows I'll move on.

I came to represent!

They each won an AFL Championship back in the 60's.

The Bills won two, back-to-back, '64 & '65 and were in the AFL Championship game in '66 (losing to the Chiefs for the right to appear in Super Bowl I). Get it right, bubba. :angry: Oh, yeah...welcome.

seriously guys...let's talk about the post season oilers/bills TT/BB...BB/TT on MNF...

599064[/snapback]

Well, the Bills and Titans have another thing in common: Travis Henry. He had some solid years here running the football, and people respected his ability to pound the ball between the tackles. But then Willis McGahee came along, and seemed to outplay him. I say "seemed to" because in the games Travis started (early in the season) the Bills' offensive line was a mess, and the Bills faced some really good defenses. But the line began to gel around the time McGahee was made the starter. I still think McGahee was the better back, but not to the extent you'd think based just on that one year.

Hiya, Bipolar. goTitans, huh? Used to have some visitors from over thataway a while back. Starkiller still around?

599922[/snapback]

Starkiller is practically the lord and emperor of that place.

He really knows the ends and outs of the money game.

Plus, he never slams anybody when they have a view that he does not share.

That kind of level headedness is something I admire.

Plus, if you don't know about something and you ask him directly he will always reply in a way that can make it clear without be condecending.

Starkiller is the kind of person I wish more football forum people were like.

So, if you guys haven't much to say about legendary playoff games then what of Travis Henry?...We'd like our third pick back please...

The Bills won two, back-to-back, '64 & '65 and were in the AFL Championship game in '66 (losing to the Chiefs for the right to appear in Super Bowl I). Get it right, bubba.  ;)  Oh, yeah...welcome.

599925[/snapback]

It's ya'lls history, not mine. Thanks for the warm welcome. I can't believe a bunch of yankees can be so nice. Must be all the Goo-Goo Dolls music... :doh:

ps- I replied to the prior post before reading the next too.

My bad again. :lol:

Well, the Bills and Titans have another thing in common: Travis Henry. He had some solid years here running the football, and people respected his ability to pound the ball between the tackles. But then Willis McGahee came along, and seemed to outplay him. I say "seemed to" because in the games Travis started (early in the season) the Bills' offensive line was a mess, and the Bills faced some really good defenses. But the line began to gel around the time McGahee was made the starter. I still think McGahee was the better back, but not to the extent you'd think based just on that one year.

599933[/snapback]

Once again...didn't read the last post. People at gotitans seem to think that they would rather have A. Smith back in hindsight even though everybody thought Henry was going to be great before the season. NFL fans can be fickle.

Where do you guys see your team going this year?

just think how the "memphis miracle" effected these 2 franchises:

1. rob johnson goes from winner/hero to loser. the gamble of starting him over flutie seemed to have paid off and could have changed his career entirely around;

2. titans go on to play in one of the most competitive super bowls ever with the rams, losing in the last few seconds including a critical stop of eddie george at the goal line;

3. bills have not been back to the playoffs since;

4. wade phillips is long gone as head coach;

5. bills are on to their 3rd coach since losing wade;

6. geoff fisher became one of the most respected head coaches largely because of that playoff run.

Guest BackInDaDay

Must be tough watching the Steelers in the SB again, eh? :lol:

Actually I used to root hard for the Oilers back in the, well you know.

Got myself thrown out of the Peking Gardens bar when the officials blew that call on Renfro's TD catch in one of those AFC title losses.

Those were the days, drunk and ranting at a bunch of Chinese about the !@#$ officials! What a dick. :doh: Had waiters getting into karate stances as I worked my Oilerrootin' butt out the back door. ;)

No, I'm pretty sure he's a Titans fan.

@BiPolar: Ice used to post on these forums a lot. He was strongly opinionated. I think he got banned, but I'm a little fuzzy about that.

599801[/snapback]

For anyone who misses the bipolar ICE, he's alive and well (as only he can be), over on BZ.

His problem wasn't just being opinionated. It also included, belligerent, arrogant, vulgar, and just downright obnoxious far too often. He could often be a one man argument, taking both sides of a debate, and do so within a relatively short span of time. But hey, that's just my "opinion".

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3690

hey guys...you guys are awesome!

You are what fan2fanalliance is all about...

I am at work and cannot post at lenth...In the mean time join this forum and tell these stuck up horse hockey eaters where to stick it.

GO BILLS!!!

600881[/snapback]

See fellas, the thing is this...if you visit that forum and look at the user title it says "in the basement"...that means banned I think. They gave me no explanation whatsoever. It is so lame. All I was trying to get one of them to say was something like..."man, I hated seeing the Bills sweep us and go to the super bowl...It sucked being froze out year after year...Gee, Bipolar, it must be rough being owned by us..."

Instead they harrassed me with rude PM's and PM called be a bisexual or whatever...go ahead and join that forum and review my posts there...I've been more than nice to those bozos and they banned me because I'm a Titans fan who chose to attempt to compare Titans/Bills to Bills/Colts...I think they should find another Colts board to be in the fan2fan network...lame it is. I'm still at work so I'm going to reply to the posts later...Till then go and reply on my behalf because I think that is gay....That dude is probally going to lock the thread I bet...we'll see...GO BILLS! :doh:

For anyone who misses the bipolar ICE, he's alive and well (as only he can be), over on BZ.

His problem wasn't just being opinionated. It also included, belligerent, arrogant, vulgar, and just downright obnoxious far too often. He could often be a one man argument, taking both sides of a debate, and do so within a relatively short span of time. But hey, that's just my "opinion".

600914[/snapback]

Go ask him that I have invited him to join gotitans.com

If he is all that bad TitanJeff will show him the door.

I'll make him feel welcome. Hell, I'd just like to talk to the guy.

BZ? Is that Bills Zone? Maybe I'll go find him...anyways...tell him "what's up.." 4 me. Thanks. :doh:

just think how the "memphis miracle" effected these 2 franchises:

1. rob johnson goes from winner/hero to loser.  the gamble of starting him over flutie seemed to have paid off and could have changed his career entirely around;

2. titans go on to play in one of the most competitive super bowls ever with the rams, losing in the last few seconds including a critical stop of eddie george at the goal line;

3. bills have not been back to the playoffs since;

4. wade phillips is long gone as head coach;

5. bills are on to their 3rd coach since losing wade;

6. geoff fisher became one of the most respected head coaches largely because of that playoff run.

600679[/snapback]

Wow. That is some really insightful stuff. I like that. Where do you get "Memhis Miracle" from? The 1999 AFC WC Tennessee/Buffalo actually took place at the Coliseum in Nashville, so get it right BUBBA! j/k...that's my history, not yours. :doh:

I like Flutie. I think he is a class act. I hope he goes in the HOF cause his career is so interesting when you look at where he's been. I can't remeber the game but I loved a TD pass he threw early in they year for the Pats (MNF, I think)...can't remember why he was in the game but he came out and showed what a quality vet he was. Then there was that crazy drop kick. I love stuff like that.

Can't relate on #3 but we haven't been in 2 years and I'm sick of it.

Wade who?

3rd coach? Damn.

It's Jeff Fisher Bubba! With a "J" ;) Get it right...Jeff Fisher has the second longest tenure of any coach in the league. If the team doesn't improve somewhat in the new season he will be on the hot seat unless he fires Jim Schwartz (DC)...that could save his job IMO.

About that Bubba stuff...I only did that because in another post up thread someone (ExWYNer) forgot to remind me that the Titans, ahem, I mean Oilers won two, count 'em, two back to back AFL Championships as well. Didn't mean to present the two clubs achievemnets in the 60's as singular... :lol:

Must be tough watching the Steelers in the SB again, eh?  :lol:

Actually I used to root hard for the Oilers back in the, well you know.

Got myself thrown out of the Peking Gardens bar when the officials blew that call on Renfro's TD catch in one of those AFC title losses. 

Those were the days, drunk and ranting at a bunch of Chinese about the !@#$ officials!  What a dick.  :doh:  Had waiters getting into karate stances as I worked my Oilerrootin' butt out the back door.  ;)

600680[/snapback]

No, it was great. Thing is I've got the old AFC Central rival thing going but I really detest the Colts, Peyton Manning in particular. I have no qualms with his brother Eli. Plus I'm a Vols fan. Go figure. I owe alot to the Steelers for eliminating them from the post season. I was so tickled in fact. For the sake of simplicity I present this thread for your review.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=16301

This thread was created shortly before kickoff.

After watching that game I didn't care who won the Super Bowl.

It's ya'lls history, not mine. Thanks for the warm welcome. I can't believe a bunch of yankees can be so nice. Must be all the Goo-Goo Dolls music... :D

600673[/snapback]

People from Buffalo aren't Yankees in the same sense people from New York City are Yankees. Buffalo isn't technically part of the Midwest, but it should be. It's about three hours from Cleveland, but a good eight hours or more from New York City. People from Buffalo don't have majorly differing accents than people from the Midwest. Buffalo is a nice place, though the city's been shrinking due to a lousy economy.

Once again...didn't read the last post. People at gotitans seem to think that they would rather have A. Smith back in hindsight even though everybody thought Henry was going to be great before the season. NFL fans can be fickle.

Travis played through a fractured leg when he was here, and ended up with good numbers. But he seemed to lose interest in playing well once McGahee was fully healed. Maybe Travis doesn't respond well to competition from other RBs. Or maybe he was just having a bad year. I think he's a better back than Antowain Smith (who was once a first round pick for the Bills).

Where do you guys see your team going this year?

600676[/snapback]

That's tough to say. In his five years here, Tom Donahoe acquired only six proven starters via the draft. He signed a lot of free agents, but some of those guys are getting old. Our new general manager (Marv Levy) has never been in an NFL front office before, so most of us don't really know what to expect from him. The offensive line is a joke, and needs to be fixed. There's really only one starter-quality player on the defensive line. The QB is unproven. But being Bills fans, many have concocted scenarios as to how the Bills could be quite a good team in 2006. It's best to get your hopes up as high as possible, so the ensuing disappointment hurts all the more.

Buffalonians have become connoisseurs of disappointment, having endured four consecutive Super Bowl losses, and two Stanley Cup losses. One of the Stanley Cup losses in particular was hard to take, because the winning "goal" actually should not have counted. In hockey, an offensive player isn't allowed to make a shot on goal unless he's a certain distance away. If he's too close, any goal he might "score" by rule doesn't count. But the Dallas player who scored the goal was indeed too close; a fact which the refs didn't call. The so-called "goal" was scored in triple overtime of game six. I remember watching that game. It was played in Buffalo. The announcers mentioned that it was past midnight, and most of the fans had to work the next day. Yet they couldn't see a single empty seat in the arena. People from Buffalo care passionately about sports, and expect players to do the same.