How smart is it for Kerry to call

IUBillsFan

Kerry said this:

”After insulting allies and shredding alliances, this President does not have the trust and confidence to bring others to our side in Iraq. But we must rebuild and lead strong alliances so that others will share the burden with us in Iraq and elsewhere.”

Yet, today, Kerry said Prime Minister Allawi was “sent” to congress to put the “best face” on Bush administration policy. Jeeze, talk about “insulting allies” and “shredding alliances”! If Kerry wins the election, presumably Dr. Allawi will be in office and Kerry will need to work closely with him, during his own transition, and to help with the Iraqi transition after the election. Kerry will need to trust Allawi and Allawi will need to trust Kerry. I’d give the Affleck/Lopez remarriage better odds of working out. Kerry all but called Dr. Allawi Bush’s lap dog who was led around only to affectionately lick Bush’s face. Allawi’s biggest problem is that some Iraqis do see him as Bush’s lap dog, and now a possible president of the United States just reinforced that perception. The fact of the matter is that any interim Iraqi leader would be so stigmatized.

Bush is entirely correct by suggesting that Kerry rhetoric is making matters worse. I’m not suggesting that Kerry shouldn’t criticize Bush, but Allawi isn’t running for the president of the United States and there was no need for Kerry to mention Allawi at all. If Kerry couldn’t find a way to compliment Alawi, he should have kept quiet. Allawi volunteered for one of the most difficult political leadership jobs in the world, if not the most dangerous. Allawi deserves at least some of Kerry’s respect.

Dr. Allawi didn’t talk about Bush policy anyway; he talked about the situation in Iraq. As I’ve tried to point out elsewhere, many who live, work, survive, raise families or even fight, on main-street Iraq agree with Allawi that the situation is not as bad as Bush critics describe.

Kerry said this:

”After insulting allies and shredding alliances, this President does not have the trust and confidence to bring others to our side in Iraq. But we must rebuild and lead strong alliances so that others will share the burden with us in Iraq and elsewhere.”

Yet, today, Kerry said Prime Minister Allawi was “sent” to congress to put the “best face” on Bush administration policy. Jeeze, talk about “insulting allies” and “shredding alliances”! If Kerry wins the election, presumably Dr. Allawi will be in office and Kerry will need to work closely with him, during his own transition, and to help with the Iraqi transition after the election. Kerry will need to trust Allawi and Allawi will need to trust Kerry. I’d give the Affleck/Lopez remarriage better odds of working out. Kerry all but called Dr. Allawi Bush’s lap dog who was led around only to affectionately lick Bush’s face. Allawi’s biggest problem is that some Iraqis do see him as Bush’s lap dog, and now a possible president of the United States just reinforced that perception. The fact of the matter is that any interim Iraqi leader would be so stigmatized.

Bush is entirely correct by suggesting that Kerry rhetoric is making matters worse. I’m not suggesting that Kerry shouldn’t criticize Bush, but Allawi isn’t running for the president of the United States and there was no need for Kerry to mention Allawi at all. If Kerry couldn’t find a way to compliment Alawi, he should have kept quiet. Allawi volunteered for one of the most difficult political leadership jobs in the world, if not the most dangerous. Allawi deserves at least some of Kerry’s respect.

Dr. Allawi didn’t talk about Bush policy anyway; he talked about the situation in Iraq. As I’ve tried to point out elsewhere, many who live, work, survive, raise families or even fight, on main-street Iraq agree with Allawi that the situation is not as bad as Bush critics describe.

43819[/snapback]

Yeah even my liberal friends at work saw this today, and mentioned that Presidents and candidates should not go calling other countries leaders out like this,especially ones that we support. Of course they then slammed Bush for something else, but they did call Kerry stupid on this one.

Yeah even my liberal friends at work saw this today, and mentioned that Presidents and candidates should not go calling other countries leaders out like this,especially ones that we support.  Of course they then slammed Bush for something else, but they did call Kerry stupid on this one.

43823[/snapback]

Remember, he's going to build alliances with other countries. Apparently this is his way of doing it.

Hard to believe our great country is forced to choose between these two.

Great idea, John.

Slam the guy who is over in Iraq working day and night trying to project a strong image and get that country back on its feet. I'm sure having political figures in the U.S. downplay Allawi won't embolden the terrorists in Iraq. Hell, Kerry turning on Allawi is proof that they're having some success, or at least having the intending effect on John John.

The thought of John Kerry in charge of our country next year just got a little more horrific.

This stupidity comes out of kerrys mouth for one reason and one reason only. He is an elitist and he feels perfectly comfortable talkin down to others, including other leaders of countries. It makes no difference to him, in his opinion no one is his equal unless they are an elite with more money then his wife has.

Why do you think he gets along so well with the friggin french?

Well I never thought he'd chop down the democracy our soldiers are fighting to support over there but, hey, I learn something new about the guy every day.

44018[/snapback]

You never thought a guy who met with the enemy while a war was still going on would chop down the democracy our soldiers are fighting to support? Color me stunned.

You never thought a guy who met with the enemy while a war was still going on would chop down the democracy our soldiers are fighting to support?  Color me stunned.

44044[/snapback]

OK, I never thought he'd do that while running for president and supposedly asking us to elect him Commander-In-Chief.

I accidentally (in a moment of weakness) granted him a milligram of common sense.

He has since proven me wrong.

Well...in absolute terms, it's pretty damned stupid.

But given that Kerry's entire campaign platform seems to be built on "Bush sucks, I'm not Bush!", it's entirely consistent (hey, Kerry was consistent! Will wonders never cease...) and a pretty smart way of appealing to his core electorate...when who he REALLY needs to work on is the undecided moderates.

You know the old adage about how you give an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewriters and they eventually reproduce Shakespeare's works? Kerry's campaign strategy: three monkeys, one old IBM Selectric... :devil:

Kerry's like the tubby, protected dork who you barely hung out with, but only cause he had the goalie equipment to get a good game of street hockey going.

At least he can provide 4-5 weeks more entertainment.  The polls aren't being very kind to Mr. Kerry.....I don't think the voters will be either, on Nov. 2nd.

44072[/snapback]

Don't talk about DC Tom that way?