To strenghten weaknesses you deal from strength

Tipster19

With plenty weaknesses to address. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Donahoe type move this year with Clements. Tag him and trade him. Marv will not only want to make a splash right away but just how much time do you really think this guy has? Between him and the new coaching staff you can anticipate rapid movement with this organization THIS year. Nobody wants Donahoe's egg on their face.

The way to deal or to improve yourself, is to trade from your resources. This could mean anything from borrowing pick(s) from the 2007 draft to moving down in this year's draft and accumalating multiple picks in the process. Another option would be to package up pick(s) and player(s) to aquire proven or better talent for your roster. Initially I was thinking that this new administration would be conservative but on more reflection I think you could expect the opposite. This just might be in the flavor of old Donahoe himself.

We have more than our share of needs to fulfill with time and patience running out. look for a VERY active FA and draft movement this year. Hopefully we make the right choices.

I do not see Marv as a make a splash kind of guy. He will look for "B" level free agents like NE does for depth, hard working, leadership types like he did with Bill Brooks or Leonard Smith.

I do not recall him ever using rookies on the offensive line so I expect if he signs anyone expensive it will be an offensive lineman.

I can see him trading back in the first for an extra pick but that is not easy to do unless some team desperate for a particular player targeted by a team picking immediately behind the Bills. I would enjoy this scenario as the top 100 players are highly rated and getting as many as 5 would be a nice talent infusion.