For those of you considering or wondering about

ACor58

The  backbone is provided by Sprint. The Sprint coverage sucks in Rochester, not sure how it is in the rest of WNY. Prices seem a little high...

http://mobile.espn.go.com/espnmobile/confi...eplandetails.do

596849[/snapback]

i fo rone use sprint in roch and have no problem. verizon is the one that blows. they claim to be the number one service yet have the most dropped calls. Sprint has the free roaming where it shares networks. thats the coolest.

Sprint < RJ

597031[/snapback]

in some cases but it really depends on the phone you use too. sometimes the really high end phones with all th eunnecessary features have a drawback on reception. so its really perception. i started on sprint in fall 01 then switched to verizon august 04 horrible service by verizon in roch and at my school(purdue) so i switched back and no problems since. i even get reception in my basement of my dorm. most verizon and cingular people in my dorm are even lucky they get a signal by the entrances of their dorms. i get a clear 3 bar signal in my dorm which the whole building is solid concrete.

Sprint < RJ

597031[/snapback]

in some cases but it really depends on the phone you use too. sometimes the really high end phones with all th eunnecessary features have a drawback on reception. so its really perception. i started on sprint in fall 01 then switched to verizon august 04 horrible service by verizon in roch and at my school(purdue) so i switched back and no problems since. i even get reception in my basement of my dorm. most verizon and cingular people in my dorm are even lucky they get a signal by the entrances of their dorms. i get a clear 3 bar signal in my dorm which the whole building is solid concrete.

598102[/snapback]

I guess it all depends on your area. I would drop calls on my Cingular phone all of the time and was lucky to get a signal with Sprint in certain areas, especially apartment buildings for some reason. Maybe their Network has gotten stronger since the acquired Nextel.

i fo rone use sprint in roch and have no problem. verizon is the one that blows. they claim to be the number one service yet have the most dropped calls. Sprint has the free roaming where it shares networks. thats the coolest.

596934[/snapback]

Does your Daddy work at Spint ? You sure are talking out of you a##. Verizon hands down is #1. Rochester independent testing has rated them #1 every year. You may have a cell site close by your school but if you ever drove around the state you would understand why verizon is #1 plus Verizon has generators in 95% of there cell sites. Sprint has limited generators. You loose power you have NO service. I could go on and on but it would be easier for your Daddy to go to work for Verizon.........................

Do we really need more ESPN? I think NOT. 62 ESPN Channels on TV plus Radio, the Internet, restaurants and a magazine. Now a phone? There is such a thing as overkill. ESPN has gone above and beyond. When did they stop covering games and start covering themselves?

Do we really need more ESPN? I think NOT. 62 ESPN Channels on TV plus Radio, the Internet, restaurants and a magazine. Now a phone?  There is such a thing as overkill. ESPN has gone above and beyond. When did they stop covering games and start covering themselves?

598167[/snapback]

ESPN 8, "The Ocho"!

Do we really need more ESPN? I think NOT. 62 ESPN Channels on TV plus Radio, the Internet, restaurants and a magazine. Now a phone?  There is such a thing as overkill. ESPN has gone above and beyond. When did they stop covering games and start covering themselves?

598167[/snapback]

And what they do offer has gone downhill big time. Their news stuff is a bunch of novices reading off a teleprompter trying to sound and look as if they aren't reading.

And what they do offer has gone downhill big time.  Their news stuff is a bunch of novices reading off a teleprompter trying to sound and look as if they aren't reading.

598224[/snapback]

Or tired, overrated hacks like Chris Berman and Stuart Scott. They both suck so badly yet they are continually force fed to us by that channel.