At $2.5M for 30 seconds, it'd better be good

UConn James

6:46 PM

1) Toyota Prius. Hybrids. Sorry your dad is a tree-hugger, kid. Try to grow up heterosexual anyway.

2) Hunting is so easy, even a caveman can do it. Oh wait, FedEx is so easy, even a caveman can do it.

3) 1st rule of hiking: you don't need to run fast enough to outrun a bear, just to outrun your buddy. Bud Light is still teh suck, and still not teh funney.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6:46 PM

1) Toyota Prius. Hybrids. Sorry your dad is a tree-hugger, kid. Try to grow up heterosexual anyway.

2) Hunting is so easy, even a caveman can do it. Oh wait, FedEx is so easy, even a caveman can do it.

3) 1st rule of hiking: you don't need to run fast enough to outrun a bear, just to outrun your buddy. Bud Light is still teh suck, and still not teh funney.

595156[/snapback]

Is it safe to assume you don't like any of the commercials, even the ones that haven't aired yet? :lol:

6:51, and we're 0-for-tonight.

1) Finally, an ad campaign I can relate to. Oh damn, it's just a movie. V For Vendetta. V For Vendetta, why does that sound so familiar?

OH! V FOR VENDETTA?!?!? THE ALAN MOORE GRAPHIC NOVEL? I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH THAT IS GOING TO PWN. OOH. OOH. THIS COULD MAKE YOUR TEETH FALL OUT.

Even is it is those freaky Wachowski brothers/sisters/whatever they are. And frankly, The Watchmen was better. But still...

2) Diet Pepsi. Oh GMAFB. This is so bad. I mean, are they hiring 8-year-old to be ad execs now?

They want an idea? Here's a freebie from me, an untrained non-ad-exec. Have Diet Pepsi Machine retire from the Patriots and replace Madden in the booth next year, since I'll get the same insight from either.

Is it safe to assume you don't like any of the commercials, even the ones that haven't aired yet?  :lol:

595157[/snapback]

No. :doh: Actually, I'm coming in cold, I've seen no advance anything anywhere of any of these ads. It's just my initial impression.

6:59 pm

1) Leonard Nimoy. Priceline? No Aleve. Decent premise, short & sweet, well executed. First passing grade of the day.

2) Hah, Ameriquest. Cardiac unit. That was a good one. Those were good last year too.

3) I have that tool case. It's really cheap and there's a reason. Just like Bud Light. Although that was their best effort of a really lousy night so far.

7:04 End of 1st quarter.

1) Kung-Fu Diet Pepsi Can. Diet Coke pwns Diet Pepsi all day every day, twice on Sunday. Diet Coke with Splenda is just too good.

2) Disney bought Pixar to keep the stream of animation that they're not capable of coming. They shoulda bought Ghibli. On second thought, they'd ruin 'em.

Local spots?

3) The Acura MDX. It's so cool it causes civilization to spontaneously sprout in it's wake. Ya right.

Now I know you're drunk.  That commercial sucked.  And I'm a Star Trek fan.

595170[/snapback]

It was just the first commercial that didn't make me actively hate the product and/or the company sponsoring that ad. Also, I give them extra credit for not allowing Leonard to sing.

7:04 End of 1st quarter.

1) Kung-Fu Diet Pepsi Can. Diet Coke pwns Diet Pepsi all day every day, twice on Sunday.

I'll give them credit for showing a competing product, which doesn't often happen in soda commercials. Probably because it reminds people of the competing product...just as it did me, so I grabbed a Coke out of the fridge. :doh:

3) The Acura MDX. It's so cool it causes civilization to spontaneously sprout in it's wake. Ya right.

595173[/snapback]

Or it destroys nature. "The Acrua MDX: leave a trail of post-industrial development wherever you go." :lol:

I'll give them credit for showing a competing product, which doesn't often happen in soda commercials.  Probably because it reminds people of the competing product...just as it did me, so I grabbed a Coke out of the fridge.  :lol:

Or it destroys nature.  "The Acrua MDX: leave a trail of post-industrial development wherever you go."  :lol:

595175[/snapback]

1) Pepsi needs to start worrying about RC gaining share on them if these ads continue.

2) :doh: Better than that eco-poseur in his Prius. If only they'd run over a few baby ducks, it'd be the best ad of the night.

It was just the first commercial that didn't make me actively hate the product and/or the company sponsoring that ad. Also, I give them extra credit for not allowing Leonard to sing.

595174[/snapback]

Did just the opposite for me (not that I'll stop using Aleve, though...it does wonders for my knee).

Plus...they had it wrong. Trekkies in Next Generation uniforms waiting for the Vulcan salute from Spock? Uh-uh...any true Spockophile would be wearing original-series velour. Next Generation poly-rayon blends are for mouth-breathing Picard-lovers like /dev/null. :lol:

7:12pm

1) I smell Budweiser. Yeah, those recurring year-on-year themed commercials have a lifespan, and I think we've hit the limit on this one.

2) Some dude being mentally controlled by mysterious signals from his cellphone. Time to stock up on tinfoil.

7:17pm

1) Careerbuilder.com. I work with these primates, I swear to God.

2) Escalade. Fashion models. I wonder if this beast comes with those f***ed up eyelashes on it's headlights as an option to go with those spinning rims. And, jeez, women: go to McDonalds and order some stuff from the value menu you bony critters.