Edge looking for new home?

BuffaloBud

Pure speculation? Not knowing their cap situation, but JAX could make a play for EJ. FT is just not the same with injury and age nagging him. They could add this stud while weakening their divisional foe.

Indy? Why not make a play for Ricky? I don't know what it would cost to get him from the phins, but he'd be a nice replacement for EJ.

593500[/snapback]

JAX is a logical choice. As we all know, Edge loves FLA......and Fragile Freddie sucks!!

Currently Colts are just under the projected 2006 cap, and have James, Wayne, Thorton, Brock, and Morris to re-sign. It's almost impossible to use franchise flag on James again, since it was used on James last year and they need to pay James 10% or 20% more than his 2005 salary.

They may choose to franchise Wayne, but that'll be the NO.1 WR money. Do they really want to tie so much money on Manning, Harrison, Wayne, and Freeney? It'll also be difficult to sign Wayne a long term deal, because there're only few top FA receivers this year, teams need a no.1 WR and don' want TO will presude Wayne hard. Franchising Wayne and trade him for draft picks may be their best solution.

Manning's cap hit will be sky high starting from 2008 (assume there'll be a cap). I believe it'll be 16M in 2008, 20M in 2009, and 25M in 2010. Colts won't be able to keep all their top FAs, or they are bound to a cap hell in near future.

Currently Colts are just under the projected 2006 cap, and have James, Wayne, Thorton, Brock, and Morris to re-sign. It's almost impossible to use franchise flag on James again, since it was used on James last year and they need to pay James 10% or 20% more than his 2005 salary.

They may choose to franchise Wayne, but that'll be the NO.1 WR money. Do they really want to tie so much money on Manning, Harrison, Wayne, and Freeney? It'll also be difficult to sign Wayne a long term deal, because there're only few top FA receivers this year, teams need a no.1 WR and don' want TO will presude Wayne hard. Franchising Wayne and trade him for draft picks may be their best solution.

Manning's cap hit will be sky high starting from 2008 (assume there'll be a cap). I believe it'll be 16M in 2008, 20M in 2009, and 25M in 2010. Colts won't be able to keep all their top FAs, or they are bound to a cap hell in near future.

593535[/snapback]

They have one thing going for them. The best front office guy in Football, the guy that Ralph F**king fired. I think that Polian is smart and he will find a way to bring back Freeney and Wayne while letting the Edge go, as he should.

Manning will also be inclined to restructure, especially if he hasn't one a championship, which will probably be the case.