Haloti Ngata

With the Bills having the worst run defense and a big hole at tackle, who might you suggest we draft.

Does anyone just hate this Ngata guy like I do?  I live in fear that we're going to draft this guy and he's going to turn out to be a fat bust.

593117[/snapback]

Does anyone just hate this Ngata guy like I do?  I live in fear that we're going to draft this guy and he's going to turn out to be a fat bust.

593117[/snapback]

I remember lots of TSW denizens complaining loudly that Sam Adams was nothing more than a fat tub of goo.

While this was a legit complaint based on his history it was simply an incorrect read of the situation as:

1. Anyone who watched football an got enjoyment from analyzing the game rather for the simple entertainment of complaining and whining knew this fat tub of goo had one of the quickest first steps in the league.

2. Again if one really watched the game, one could see that the biggest limiting factor in Adams game was that the seemed to routinely take 1/2 to 2/3 of plays off. This was still a problem for the opponent as they never really knew which plays he would go on vacation so you had to assign as a guy to hit him AND a guy to watch him on each place (or even assigned to do a chip block or dt him if you werer sending the play his way). Thus unless he took a sudden downturn in play due to his age, Adam's mere prescence would likely improve our D play.

3. Most of all, even if he proved to be a fat tub of goo at DT, this was an upgrade over the mediocre play of Edwards as a second year starter the year before.

Thus, rather than simply bleating and whining about hating Ngota, readers would profit from some explanation of why you or others hate his play (I assume you do not know him well enough or that you have some past Brokeback Mountain intimacy with him that you really do hate him personally).

How much (if at all) of an upgrade is he now or will be likely to become over Adams (who is a likely goner as best as I can tell), over Edwards (who in addition to showing little more than being a good reserve situational pass rusher has shown little and is coming off an injury) or Anderson (who did better than I expected as a fill in for Edwards last year but this probably says how low my expectations were).

I have few problems with a selection of Ngoita even if he is "another" fat tub of goo because a lot of winning this game is running and stopping the run. We need an upgrade in DT capability badly to stop the run.

The best real world case seems to me to be if Ngota actually is not a good enough player to command a top 10 pick, BUT he is good enough to be an upgrade for us in our urine-poor ability to stop the run.

If we can trade down and pick up some extra first day resources to get some help like a higher quality back-up RB to WM than Shaud Williams and still get a good but not great Ngota in the second 10 picks to not revolutionize but still to upgrade our ability to stop the run then this will be a very good draft for us.

It doesn’t matter who we draft.  Someone is going to find some reason to B word and complain that we should have drafted someone else.

593239[/snapback]

Yep, if the Bills drafted Jesus, a lot of folks whould complain we shoud've picked Buddha because he's more of a space eater and can anchor the D-line better! :lol: