We Want a Winner NOW

We all want a winner now but we must be realistic. Consider. . .

1) QB position next year: Either a journeyman who doesn't have a stong as arm as I have (Holcomb) or a guy who has started only 8 games and appears not to be the most accurate passer in the world. The QBs that will be available realistically to us? = NO UPGRADE.

2) New coaching staff: Jauron may help the "D". But let's hope he let's Fairchild really run the offense. Even then, I'm not real optimistic. The new DC hasn't been a DC before, has he? A true unknown. So too, are the other new coaches.

3) Troy Vincent, Lawyer Milloy, Eric Moulds, Sam Adams, Mike Williams ALL in limbo: Which stay and which go? And more importantly, at what cost vs. the all mighty salary cap?

4) Marv is a rookie GM: I pray we have a good draft and Marv leans heavily on Modrak. But, Marv has his own ideas, I'm sure. . . let's hope he transitions to GM as well as he did when he got a second go round as a HC.

5) Count me in the minority, but I don't think our "keepers" like London Fletcher and Schobel are as good as some suggest. Add to that, that Willis opened up real questions about himself this past year, and I don't know if we really have any true "anchors" on this team. We would have if TKO comes back 100%, but by all accounts, he'll have to have lost at least a little something.

6) Losing mindset has seemingly set in: This may be the toughest of all obstacles to overcome. Losing breeds losing. If it continues much longer, the roots will really have taken hold. . . Buffalo will = Lions, Cardinals etc.

I really don't believe this team has a losing mindset yet. The still believed they could have made the playoffs last year til the final few games

590541[/snapback]

Yeah, I know. Those last few games, because of that false hope, cost JP invaluable playing time. . . stupid MM, trying to save his job.

5) Count me in the minority, but I don't think our "keepers" like London Fletcher and Schobel are as good as some suggest. Add to that, that Willis opened up real questions about himself this past year, and I don't know if we really have any true "anchors" on this team. We would have if TKO comes back 100%, but by all accounts, he'll have to have lost at least a little something.

I whole-heartedly agree..

Fix the O-line and watch the magic begin!!  JP will look like Brett Favre.  Willis will look like Thruman.  FIX THE O-LINE!!!!

PTR

590593[/snapback]

The Chiefs OL is pretty good, don't you think? Where was their magic? Fixing our OL would be a good start. We've got other issues.

The Chiefs OL is pretty good, don't you think? Where was their magic? Fixing our OL would be a good start. We've got other issues.

590672[/snapback]

True. The Chiefs defense wasn't exactly stellar, and neither was ours. I'd say we've got to address all three levels of the defense. All three have question marks, even linebacking.