defensive coordinator

valle7878

You know, I have a theory about why Bates has probably decided not to come. My theory/guess is this: Bates was made an offer, and felt torn about whether he should accept it. To help figure things out, he decided to find out a little more about what Bills fans were like. So he went online, found these discussion boards, saw himself referred to as "defensive master Bates," and decided that collecting a paycheck for playing golf seemed awfully nice right about now.

Wish they would interview veteran Indy line coach John Teerlinck. Has the Marv/Polian connection as he used to be with Chicago Blitz in USFL. Has worked with Dungy, got two rings in Denver, always has an agressive pass rush. Also a native of Rochester, NY. Probably too aggressive for the stoic Jauron.

Also like assistants John Marshall of Seahawks and Ricky Hunley of Cinci.

Love to see LB coach Steve Spanuolo of Philly get a shot, he is heir apparent to Jim Johnson of Eagles. Saw this guy at Eagles training camp last year and like most LB coaches quite animated.

Love to see LB coach Steve Spanuolo of Philly get a shot, he is heir apparent to Jim Johnson of Eagles. Saw this guy at Eagles training camp last year and like most LB coaches quite animated.

587804[/snapback]

Jim Johnson has a style similar to Jerry Gray's: too much blitzing. I thought he made some of the stupidest calls on defense that I've ever seen in a superbowl game.

You know, I have a theory about why Bates has probably decided not to come. My theory/guess is this: Bates was made an offer, and felt torn about whether he should accept it. To help figure things out, he decided to find out a little more about what Bills fans were like. So he went online, found these discussion boards, saw himself referred to as "defensive master Bates," and decided that collecting a paycheck for playing golf seemed awfully nice right about now.

587780[/snapback]

No. The real story is he talked to Mularkey's wife and children to find out the skinny about the in-your-face ostracism they faced on their front lawn, at school and Tops Unfriendly Market. THEN he logged on here as "DeBater the Meek" and saw he couldn't compete. So he tucked his tail between his legs, logged off and left for good.

Once again, I only have myself to blame. I've personally run out of town the only hope of salvation this franchise has. Who would know he was so thin skinned and had never before heard that sophmoric turn of a phrase?

Damn the Internet. I must be more careful in the use of my awesome powers and take into account how someone would turn down a gig that pays around a million dollars a year for three years because someone on a posting board suggested their work might not be productive. It's true that the very best Defensive Coordinators are extremely sensitive people who are often faulted for caring too much about what fans think. In fact the best of them all aren't even human anymore. They're just beams of pure white light and awesome to behold.

OH, the humanity!