Babich-Bears LB coach turns down...

Well- that is kind of depressing!

Cross out Rivera

Cross out Babich

Well...Gee... lets interview their DB coach! :doh:

Babich - Link

586655[/snapback]

Actually, The Bears promoted him to assistant coach and denied permission for the Bills to interview him. I don't think he snubbed the Bills.

Actually, The Bears promoted him to assistant coach and denied permission for the Bills to interview him.  I don't think he snubbed the Bills.

586659[/snapback]

Well- actually the article says

Bob had an opportunity to go and interview for the [defensive] coordinator position with the Buffalo Bills. He didn't do that. He chose to stay here. We haven't finished the job yet that we set out to do."

Bob had an opportunity to go and interview for the [defensive] coordinator position with the Buffalo Bills. He didn't do that. He chose to stay here. We haven't finished the job yet that we set out to do."

586665[/snapback]

He chose to stay here, but lets give him more money and a promotion just for the hell of it.

Trust me, he was compensated for not leaving.

He chose to stay here, but lets give him more money and a promotion just for the hell of it.

586668[/snapback]

Exactly, they seen the writing on the wall and did what they needed to to stop it.

586665[/snapback]

Getting promoted the same day may have factored into his decision to stay, don't you think? :doh:

586668[/snapback]

Obviously, he was compensated for staying and the Bears deemed him important enough to give an often ceromonial title too and more cash.

What about the Bills?

Is being a DC here considered a great opportunity?

Would we have been be willing to pay him....to make the move to Buffalo more enticing?

Obviously, he was compensated for staying and the Bears deemed him important enough to give an often ceromonial title too and more cash.

What about the Bills?

Is being a DC here considered a great opportunity?

Would we have been be willing to pay him....to make the move to Buffalo more enticing?

586682[/snapback]

He probably likes it in CHicago and actually feels they have unfinished business. Some people are loyal.

If he can make the same money by staying, Im sure that intrigued him more right now then leaving.

Loyalty is rare today, but he seems to one of the few that still believe in it.

They cant promote everyone, and their DB coach is a great choice if we get our hands on him.