I would love to see how some here would react to

Draconator

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c...BAGPPGSNI81.DTL

A city concilman in San Francisco, tried to pass a resolution for the city of San Francisco to adopt the Seahawks as their "sister NFL team". No, really! There's a link and everything!

Think this line would be loved throughout Brokeback Park at Candelstick Point?

"Whereas, the 49ers have not had a winning season since 2002."

The City Council shelved the resolution until after the SuperBowl.

Do you suppose the Browns would be our "sister" due to the annual scrimmages?

Except last year, when we visited our new sister, the Packers, who will NOT return our visit! Well, I'm not speaking to HER anymore!

San Francisco is always such a pioneer in matters like this...

Except last year, when we visited our new sister, the Packers, who will NOT return our visit! Well, I'm not speaking to HER anymore!

Would you leave a place where you can sell 60,000 tickets at $8/pop for a scrimmage? Can't do that in Buffalo....

Would you leave a place where you can sell 60,000 tickets at $8/pop for a scrimmage?  Can't do that in Buffalo....

583453[/snapback]

Oh, I'm not saying the Packers are wrong for not visiting the Bills, just impolite perhaps.

And you know what the league thinks of impoliteness...

Would you leave a place where you can sell 60,000 tickets at $8/pop for a scrimmage?  Can't do that in Buffalo....

583453[/snapback]

Wanna bet? If they wanted to move the scrimmage to the Ralph, I bet they would come close to selling out. Come on, only $8 for a ticket to sit in the Ralph and watch your favorite Bills team scrimmage against the Packers?

San Francisco is always such a pioneer in matters like this...

583437[/snapback]

I wonder if San Francisco will adopt Key West as their sister city.

583464[/snapback]

Hmm..."San Francisco" and "sister" in the same sentence?

:doh::)

Mike

Wanna bet?  If they wanted to move the scrimmage to the Ralph, I bet they would come close to selling out.  Come on, only $8 for a ticket to sit in the Ralph and watch your favorite Bills team scrimmage against the Packers?

583462[/snapback]

I'd be shocked if the Bills sold out the Ralph for a scrimmage.

Besides, Green Bay has too much history -- kids in the city line up by the practice field just hoping that a Packer will ride his/her bike across the street to the stadium (the Bills partook in this last year). They make a BIG deal out of Family Fun Night.

CW

Wanna bet?  If they wanted to move the scrimmage to the Ralph, I bet they would come close to selling out.  Come on, only $8 for a ticket to sit in the Ralph and watch your favorite Bills team scrimmage against the Packers?

583462[/snapback]

Then people would be bitching about how the stadium was 50% Packers fans, and the ridiculous prices scalpers wanted for a ticket on the street.