Marv the G.M. and ties to Polian

ACor58

One of the things that stuck out to me was that Bill Polian had high regard for Dick Juron and that was one of the considerations in hiring him. I really couldn't remember if Polian had left the Bills on good terms or bad terms and why he would be trying to help the team out. I found this quote from a 2004 article and it answered my question. I think that we are in pretty good hands now...

"The Colts and the Chargers in a sense have a common origin. Stewards of both teams, Polian here, A.J. Smith in San Diego, can relate their grounding in the game to Marv Levy, from whom they received their schooling when the three were associated with the Chicago Blitz of the U.S. Football League and later the Bills.

"Oh, absolutely," Polian said of his debt to Levy. "He was the greatest influence on my professional life and personal life, too, in many ways, although, unfortunately, I don't live up to all the things he stands for. But I try."

Polian said he can see the imprint that, through Smith, Levy has made on the Chargers.

"You can see Marv's handwriting all over the team," Polian said. "His philosophy, his approach, is just DNA – it's in your bones. Like most people in this game, we're all descended from a founding father, if you will. In our case, it was Levy, without question. Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, Don Shula, Tom Landry, those greats leave an indelible mark on all the people who were fortunate enough to serve them." "

Hmmm that was a nice little read.

That is why I have confidence in the man. He excells at everything he does.

I would love for him to go nuts on the media just once, like he did on those officials.  :lol:

582189[/snapback]

"You over-officious jerk!"

Maybe he can call Sullivan an "over editible jerk"

Lets have a contest, fill in the blank for what Marv can call Sullivan!!

582665[/snapback]

I think yours is pretty good, you should email it to Jerry.