Opinions from the board

I have decided that the boards needs less small posts about the same things so I am expressing my opinions from reading this board the past few weeks into point form in one post

- Ralph and marv are senile and should just retire cause they are too old to do their job. I think Marv is in probably better shape then about 80% of the poster on this board and he is still sharp intellectually. Ralph is still in pretty good shape for his age too. Why do people think that just because you reach a certain age you are useless and senile?

- The hiring of Levy and Jauron is not the end of the world, or the Bills. Give them more then 2 weeks (or in Jaurons case, <1 day) before you are ready to fire them. They might just surprise you, or they might not

- Yes Sherman had a better overall record, but that doesn't mean he was a better coach (he had teams with alot better talent than DJ had) Also, whos to say he wanted the job (just like whos to say Marvin Lewis, John Fox, Charlie Weiss, etc. wanted the job) Maybe he wanted more then the Bills wanted to give him when it came to control. He was a GM/HC when he started in GB. Maybe he wanted that same kind of power that the Bills did not want to offer him. This is the choice the Bills made, so its the choice we are going to have to live with

- Ralph may or may not be cheap. But Hiring Sherman would have been the cheaper option since GB would have picked up most of his contract. The Lions won't be paying any of DJ's contract so the Bills will be paying 100% of it

- How does anyone on the board know that the Bills are regarded as the laughing stock of the league? IS anyone here a player or a player agent? on a teams coaching staff? Work in the teams head office? DJ seems to be well respected from what I have heard from players in the news.

- The Bills will go 2-14, 4-12, 6-10 next year? Maybe they will, especially if they do not address their offence and Defensive lines. But not because we hired DJ over Sherman

- JP Losman is a bust or at best a career backup. Its good that so many fans can tell that after he started 8 games in his career. I think I will reserve my judgement until after I have seen a full season of him starting behind something better than a swiss cheese o-line. P.S. Holcomb is not the answer, he is a career backup. I am all for bringing in another veteran to compete with KH and JP for the starting job.

- Mike Williams is a Bust and was the worst bills pick ever. Actually I kind of agree with it, except maybe change it to ONE of the worst

- The bills have to spend the entire draft, taking lineman to get better. Yes the Bills need to draft some help on their lines, but the draft is not the only answer. The bills need to draft smart and pick up a couple of Good Free Agents to rebuild the lines if we want to be good now. If we want to be good in a few years, then by all means draft only lineman. The bills need to draft the best available players on the board when their picks come up, for the positions the need help in. (i.e. not the best QB, the best RB, or the best WR. The best Lineman, the best Safety, etc)

Look on the bright side, we have a coach now, TD and MM are gone, and we have a fresh new season coming up in 8 months were anything can happen. Who knows what changes will be coming our way.

I will still support the Bills and hope for the best until we are mathematically out of contention and will reserve any of my judegements until after I see what they do. Hopefully some people here will do that too.

If you want to continue thinking we are the worst thing around and spreading your doom and gloom, go join the patsies board, I hear they are always looking for more people to help wallow in their misery of not getting respected.

exactly...most moves that fans don't like, are good moves.

That's weird. Most fans hated the hiring of Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey, when the preferred fan choices were Marvin Lewis and Charlie Weis, respectively.

Seems to me the fans have been more accurate and it's management who's been lacking.

That's weird. Most fans hated the hiring of Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey, when the preferred fan choices were Marvin Lewis and Charlie Weis, respectively.

Seems to me the fans have been more accurate and it's management who's been lacking.

581017[/snapback]

Except those crying now because the Bills didn't hire Marvin Lewis, were the same ones who were saying "fug Marvin Lewis, and his wife, we want people who want to be here!'

Bills fans are as dumb, and no smarter than sports fans anywhere else. Hindsight is usually 20/20!

Except those crying now because the Bills didn't hire Marvin Lewis, were the same ones who were saying "fug Marvin Lewis, and his wife, we want people who want to be here!'

Not necessairly.

Hindsight is usually 20/20!

581054[/snapback]

This wasn't hindsight. Lewis was the popular fan consenus at the time. Similarly, Weis was the most popular choice two years ago when we chose Mularkey.