"They're coming to take me away....

Spiderweb

Ladies and gentlemen, when the season ended and old Ralphie began with. "there's' going to be a lot of changes...", then fired TD, and hired Levy, many here spoke of the age factor (RW & ML). In general, it was predominately positive in that Marv was in great shape, mentally and physically. The assessment on Ralph was more luke warm. There was actually an air of political correctness here regarding age. Fascinating, but sadly unfounded.

Marv first showed his lack of clarity in initially retaining MM after he crippled him by having MM fire half his staff. When MM justifiably resigned, ML waffled on the issue of who would be our next coach and that he clearly wasn't counting himself out until his senior, RW put an end to that garbage. In essence, ML cut off MM's manhood and then sent him out to lead the troops. MM had no choice so why would Marv have been surprised? Beginning with this, and everything since, ML wasted valuable time in not necessarily picking the right HC quickly (he didn't), but that capable coordinators and assistants were settling in elsewhere as well.

If I were Sherman, and if it's based on any reality, I too would want more control than just HC. ML first steps have all been stumbles, and who could blame Sherman for possibly wanting a little control over his fate, rather than to leave it in the hands of old stumbling, bumbling ML?

There comes a time when turning over the reins is proper and right. ML stepped aside back in January 1998 and now has stakenly allowed himself to believe that this wasn't his time, eight years later at the age of 80. Sorry ML, it was. ML wasn't even a great coach. The talent he was given, Rich Kottite could have won with and his stupid loyalty to Corey and Bresnahan was maddening back in the day. I like ML, but he was never "it". Nice quips from time to time, and reportedly a good man looked up to by his players, but not a great coach.

Marv is living a lie, an illusion, and by mid season when everything left in Bills land has unraveled, we'll all hear ML & RW singing in unison, "they're coming to take me away....ha haaa" (courtesy of Napolean XIV), along with the sights of straight jackets and ambulance sirens.

However, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong (courtesy of Dennis Miller).

:rolleyes::lol: