How Much time should a head coach be given

Gregg Williams was given 3 years, Mike Mularkey quit after 2 years. I personally think they should be given 5 years. Anything less just seems too short to implement a system and the players you want, and then by firing said coach after 2-3 years you end up with a coach carousel making it harder it would seem to bring in their staff, their system and lure in free agents while trying to win now. Just curious what everyone else thinks is the approriate time frame a coach should have.

Gregg Williams was given 3 years, Mike Mularkey quit after 2 years.  I personally think they should be given 5 years.  Anything less just seems too short to implement a system and the players you want, and then by firing said coach after 2-3 years you end up with a coach carousel making it harder it would seem to bring in their staff, their system and lure in free agents while trying to win now.  Just curious what everyone else thinks is the approriate time frame a coach should have.

578925[/snapback]

I'll buck the TSW trend and say more than 24 hours.

I don't think there's a set in stone number.  You have to take into account what you see on the field each week.  That being said you generally need to give them 3-4 years.

578934[/snapback]

There are folks in Seattle who are glad you are not their GM, I'm sure...

I'll buck the TSW trend and say more than 24 hours.

578939[/snapback]

Oh, please, if the guy actually talks to WGR-55 when he gets off the plane, it's clear that he is a complete loser and will never work as a coach. Hopefully the press conference will be to announce his resignation...otherwise we are, well, you know...

What's my name, boys and girls?

I can't hear you....

Gregg Williams was given 3 years, Mike Mularkey quit after 2 years.  I personally think they should be given 5 years.  Anything less just seems too short to implement a system and the players you want, and then by firing said coach after 2-3 years you end up with a coach carousel making it harder it would seem to bring in their staff, their system and lure in free agents while trying to win now.  Just curious what everyone else thinks is the approriate time frame a coach should have.

578925[/snapback]

In the new NFL, just one year.

In the new NFL, just one year.

579118[/snapback]

Honestly how can anyone give more than 1 week?

But really what have we had to look forward to in the last 3 weeks?

Dick is not something I've had on my list.

Hopefully it's not another year of stojan either!

It is about progress....if each year the team improves, then you keep the coach. Look at teams like Cincy, Seattle, Chicago and Washington. In these cases in a short amount of time the team was headed in the right direction.

Look at Houston, Detroit and Buffalo....not the case.