Georgetown showed up to play today...

JimBob2232

they almost got beat by NC State at home last game. Duke is one of the best teams in the country but to go undefeated for the entire regular season is pretty much impossible. Maybe today is the day they get beat. Gtown is home and dont look to be intimidated by the Dukies. Up 6 and the crowd is loud.

I know this is a G-Town thread...but Im fired up for my alma mater right now St. John's!

Wins over #9 Pittsburgh and Louisville this week.....hey SJU wont make the big tourney (Im hopeful at least they get an NIT bid) but I feel St John's is heading back in the right direction.

Im not so sure st johns wont make the touny. They are 10-6 right now, with 2 big wins (Louisville and Pittsburgh). If they can make a good showing against the rest of the non-ranked big east schedule (i.e. rutgers, depaul, seton hall, providence, georgetown, marquett, etc..) and pick up one more win against ucon, wvu, syr or villanova, they could make it.

Big east will put 7-8 teams in the tourney IMO.

IN: UConn, Villanova, Pitt, WVU.

Likely In: Syracuse, Louisville

Probable: Marquette, Cincinnatt, Georgetown

Possible: Rutgers, St. Johns, Notre Dame

Out: Depaul, Providence, South Florida, Seton Hal

Yeah, louisville is a tough team to get a read on. All their losses (except st johns) have been to ranked teams. They win the games they are supposed to, and lose the games they are supposed to. They havent really defined themselves to me either. They have a fairly easy big east schedule left (if there is such a thing when playing uconn twice and 5 games against ranked teams)... We shall see.

G-town up 14 at the half. Pretty amazing. Of course, I still expect Duke to win, but a boy can dream...

And 14 is alot, even for a duke team to overcome. I am sure they CAN do it..but I hope they don't!