Donna the Buffalo. What's the deal?

The Dean

OK...take The Dean to school. A group (from Ithaca, apparently) called Donna the Buffalo is coming to a club in SF and a buddy of mine thinks I'll dig their grove. (How's that for some dope lingo? OK...I'll stop)

I've never heard them. They seem like they might be a jam band (I've googled...senn their site...read their bio on allmusic.com) with county twist and good musicians (but, I'm guessing). But I've never heard them.

Tell me 'bout them a little if you would. Thank you ever so much.

They suck.

576419[/snapback]

While some people would say, this is a flip answer that provids little detail or insight...The Dean is not one of those people. I appreciate brevity...and sometimes, "they suck" is really all there is to say.

Lurk... did you just edit those links? I had a browser crash (damn Mac) and returned.

The donnabase didn't work for me either time. But, the first time i downloaded a "clip" of a song called "Way back when" from a site that's no longer on one of your links (it wasn't amazon or donnabase). As i tried to download another the browser crashed. Now the second link (not donnabase) is amazon. i could swear that wasn't the link i initially tried. Am i losing the tiny fraction of what's left of my mind?

BTW, thanks for the links. . . . . I think

i got donnabase to work...thanks.

I kinda like them. Not an album band, i don't think...but i bet they kill in concert.

Thanks.

To the Donky that throws fish, i take back what i wrote earlier...Big Fat Buffalo Donna deserves better than "They Suck".

Lurk... did you just edit those links?  I had a browser crash (damn Mac) and returned.

The donnabase didn't work for me either time.  But, the first time i downloaded a "clip" of a song called "Way back when" from a site that's no longer on one of your links (it wasn't amazon or donnabase).  As i tried to download another the browser crashed.  Now the second link (not donnabase) is amazon.  i could swear that wasn't the link i initially tried.  Am i losing the tiny fraction of what's left of my mind?

BTW, thanks for the links. .  .  .  .  I think

576857[/snapback]

Sorry about that. It crashed on me too, so I edited the link. You're mind is working fine, thanks. <_<

Sorry about that.  It crashed on me too, so I edited the link.  You're mind is working fine, thanks. :devil:

576965[/snapback]

Hey...let's not go THAT far. <_<

i like them. i may check them out on Friday @ Slims in San Francisco.

Thanks, ya lurking freak. :devil:

My wife and I have seen them a couple of times. Good musicians, lots of energy

If I were to offer similar bands, I would say....hmmm...String Cheese Incident, Phish...throw some Newgrass genre in the pot and out pops a good band. Based on some of the other music I have seen you mention, you'll enjoy.

My wife and I have seen them a couple of times. Good musicians, lots of energy

If I were to offer similar bands, I would say....hmmm...String Cheese Incident, Phish...throw some Newgrass genre in the pot and out pops a good band. Based on some of the other music I have seen you mention, you'll enjoy.

576977[/snapback]

Why thank ya, Mr. Info for that...uh...info.

I've listened a little more and I can work with this live, i think. Should be fun. Now the challenge is to find a nice woman to take who will aprreciate this music. Most of my goils are either too musically sophisticated (classical, jazz, opera) or have twisted taste when it comes to music (bizarre music that is sometimes great...but, usually just sucks). <_<

I GOT IT...i needs to find a young hippy chick to take! Maybe I'll go the the Haight tonight...hmmmmmm :devil: