Culpepper on block soon.

Daunte Culpepper, even with a torn-up knee that's in the midst of rehab, is reportedly asking his agent to seek a renegotiated deal--and the rumor is that the Vikes might seek a first-round pick for DC. (I don't think they'll get a 1st rounder for DC unless there are contingencies attached based on performance, health, etc.)

Hypothetical question (and I am pro-JPL, by the way): is there a place in the mix for a QB like Culpepper with the Bills?

I'm assuming he is going to lose a step after the surgery, but he is a seasoned vet with a great set of skills. I am not abandoning the JP concept, but if we have a chance to get someone who might approach the level of a franchise QB, does it bear consideration? Perhaps hang on to Holcomb as the backup and trade the kid?

This would mean beefing up the lines primarily through free agency and Marv working his magic picking guys deeper into day one and on day two.

Finally, given that JP was brought in by TD (and considering Ralph Wilson made a point to say he wanted to see film--which makes me wonder if TD did the hard sell to bring the kid in), I wonder how committed Marv is going to be to the JP experiment?

I know I am going to get killed on this one. Fire away.

Daunte Culpepper, even with a torn-up knee that's in the midst of rehab, is reportedly asking his agent to seek a renegotiated deal--and the rumor is that the Vikes might seek a first-round pick for DC. (I don't think they'll get a 1st rounder for DC unless there are contingencies attached based on performance, health, etc.)

Hypothetical question (and I am pro-JPL, by the way):  is there a place in the mix for a QB like Culpepper with the Bills? 

I'm assuming he is going to lose a step after the surgery, but he is a seasoned vet with a great set of skills.  I am not abandoning the JP concept, but if we have a chance to get someone who might approach the level of a franchise QB, does it bear consideration?  Perhaps hang on to Holcomb as the backup and trade the kid?

This would mean beefing up the lines primarily through free agency and Marv working his magic picking guys deeper into day one and on day two.

Finally, given that JP was brought in by TD (and considering Ralph Wilson made a point to say he wanted to see film--which makes me wonder if TD did the hard sell to bring the kid in), I wonder how committed Marv is going to be to the JP experiment?

I know I am going to get killed on this one.  Fire away.

575978[/snapback]

I got blasted a month ago for bringing this up....good luck.

Hypothetical question (and I am pro-JPL, by the way):  is there a place in the mix for a QB like Culpepper with the Bills? 

I'm assuming he is going to lose a step after the surgery, but he is a seasoned vet with a great set of skills.  I am not abandoning the JP concept, but if we have a chance to get someone who might approach the level of a franchise QB, does it bear consideration?  Perhaps hang on to Holcomb as the backup and trade the kid?

575978[/snapback]

Please, even before his knee injury he was a middle of the road QB. All he did was throw 50-50 balls to Randy Moss.

575978[/snapback]

culpepper is a disaster -- i had said this all along and then it became clesr to everyone how much better vikes were after he went down and was replaced by an average QB like brad johnson. bills giving up a high first round draft pick for him would be absolute insanity and suicide

haven't we learned anything yet?

we don't need another QB.......we need a freakin OL.....no QB will be effective until that gets sorted out.......

576068[/snapback]

Amen brother!

When the lights go out on this forum everybody screams for batteries and flashlights; nobody is concerned about getting the juice back on. B-)

The moral here: fix what's really broke and quit fuggen around.

haven't we learned anything yet?

we don't need another QB.......we need a freakin OL.....no QB will be effective until that gets sorted out.......

576068[/snapback]

Valid point and understood except for the fact that Kelly Holcomb didnt seem to struggle with our crap o line as much as JP did. Thats a fact. Explain that.

To compete with JP and Holcomb for the starting job? Why not.

But the bills will need to focus on fixing their big problems before worrying about the QB situation. A washed up veteran starter like Favre (sorry if I offended anyone calling him washed up, but his best years are behind him) might be good for JP to learn behind instead of learning from a journeyman backup like Holcomb (Holcomb is a good backup, but not a guy I want as our starter, If he wasn't good enough for Clevland, Why would we want him?) This is the main reason i didn't want to see bledsoe go yet. He may not be in his prime right now, but JP could have learned ALOT watching studying with him for a couple of seasons

Valid point and understood except for the fact that Kelly Holcomb didnt seem to struggle with our crap o line as much as JP did. Thats a fact. Explain that.

576183[/snapback]

Oh yea, it was a HUGE improvement!!! :P Why don't we ask Willis how good it is with either QB. B-)

576183[/snapback]

we were crap with losman and crap with holcomb........common theme? our o-line is crap.......same as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.......time to fix the real problem.........

Oh yea, it was a HUGE improvement!!!    :P    Why don't we ask Willis how good it is with either QB.    B-)

576195[/snapback]

Willis has NOTHING to brag about with his performance last year. Plenty of 5th and 6th round draft picks performed better than him and Bills did not need to pay out a full season of pay to rehab nor deal with Rosenass.