Clayton says Haslett pretty much out

Chilly

DITTO.

Bates = goodness :huh:

How about this. Clayton should report that everyone who hasn't interviewed yet is not favored for the HC job at this point.

571539[/snapback]

What is so good about Bates? GB only had a mediocre Defense didn't they?

Jerry Gray was interviewed.

571767[/snapback]

Is that really the case? It seems like there was talk that we would interview Jerry Gray and that he was told they were going to go in a different direction... that doesn't seem to mean there actually was an interview.

As I chimed in on another thread, I'm hoping for Sherman too.  Haslett was my first hope but since he's out, I'd rather not have Jauron.

571854[/snapback]

Out of all the fired HCs, Sherman is definitely the one who got the rawest of deals. GB had some major injuries to deal with last year and a QB who is obviously in decline. Plus the new GM there, Ted Thompson, appears to want to do things his own way and not bringing Sherman back was part of the agenda. I think he'd be an excellent fit here.

:huh: This may be a lame question, but wasn't Jauron considered last time we interviewed? If he wasn't good enough then or in his time with Chicago, what would give him the edge now ...

571749[/snapback]

When Marv was hired in '86, it was his 2nd time interviewing for the job...

So if Clayton says Haslett is out I guess there will most likely be a press conf. next week introducing Haslett as our new head coach.

571734[/snapback]

Trust me. Haslett is NOT out of the running. The only two coached we KNOW are in the running are ranked 1 and 2 and what means is posted with friends that know somebody you knows somebody at One Bills Drive know almost as much and sometimes more than Clayton and Sheffter at this point.

Still rooting for Sherman from what I know at this point...