I'm thinking it's down to Sherman and Jauron

3-4 days ago, I would have said Haslett was as good as hired as the Bills new HC. Now I think there's no way. Why has there been no formal contact or interview scheduled? Is it because, after studying Haslett's work in N.O, they decided he wasn't the best man for the job? Or does it have anything to do with the "steroid" flap and the Kent Hull comments?

Right now, I'm betting it will be Mike Sherman, because of his track record, and because Green Bay is on the hook to pay him the difference between his salary and the $3.2 mil a year he was supposed to get. In theory, Ralph could pay him $1, and he still makes $3.2 mil!!

PTR

Do either of these guys have character (not ripping on Marv)? If Levy is so high on going for "character" players wouldn't it make since to bring in a HC with the same qualities that his players possess? These 3 are certainly not my first choices but I really do believe that we need a young fiery coach to motivate and get the team headed in the right direction.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Don't rule out Jim Fassel.

570487[/snapback]

I agree -- and he may be the best choice out there. He did a decent job with the Giants until his last year -- much like Sherman in Green Bay.

I really, really hope Levy and company remember the crap Jauron put on the field in Chicago.

Levy hiring Jauron = Donahoe hiring Mularkey :D

Don't rule out Jim Fassel.

570487[/snapback]

I did read he was contacted. I wonder if they are waiting to complete the Jauron, Sherman interviews before considering quickly scheduling guys like Fassel, Haslett and others. These guys could be " Plan B " . Just guessing, of course.

People will be flying down to Mobile, Ala next Monday for Senior Bowl week. Dozens of out of work coaches will be there, looking for asst. coach jobs. With that deadline looming, a hire by the end of the week is likely.

So you look at who has interviews this week. Jauron...Sherman...and no one else at the moment.

I did read he was contacted. I wonder if they are waiting to complete the Jauron, Sherman interviews before considering quickly scheduling guys like Fassel, Haslett and others. These guys could be " Plan B " .  Just guessing, of course.

People will be flying down to Mobile, Ala next Monday for Senior Bowl week. Dozens of out of work coaches will be there, looking for asst. coach jobs. With that deadline looming, a hire by the end of the week is likely.

So you look at who has interviews this week. Jauron...Sherman...and no one else at the moment.

570549[/snapback]

But don't they have to interview a minority candidate according to the "Rooney Rule"? Unless they talk to Jerry Gray and consider him their minority candidate.