Sean Payton

I was just watching "Cold Pizza" and in the "Cover Two" segment they had a piece on the Bills.

They said that Ralph was furious at Marv for not denying that he was a candidate for the HC job. They went on to say that the leading candidates are Jim Hasslett and Sean Payton.

What would you guys think of Payton? I think he would be a good selection. He's spent the last couple seasons under the tutilege (sp?) of Parcells and usually gets praised for being an awesome assistant and QB guru.

I was just watching "Cold Pizza" and in the "Cover Two" segment they had a piece on the Bills.

They said that Ralph was furious at Marv for not denying that he was a candidate for the HC job. They went on to say that the leading candidates are Jim Hasslett and Sean Payton.

What would you guys think of Payton? I think he would be a good selection. He's spent the last couple seasons under the tutilege (sp?) of Parcells and usually gets praised for being an awesome assistant and QB guru.

569582[/snapback]

Peyton has been my first choice. I personally would be more than happy.

Glenn Parker talks about the vacancy.

He speaks very highly of Payton. Very interesting listen.

My only reservation would be hiring a 1st time head coach...again.  I think a more seasoned vet might be in order.

569590[/snapback]

Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, Jack Del Rio and John Fox.. Didn't they all make the playoffs this year? You have to pick the right coordinater, from the right head coach. Look at his history and see who has mentored him. Greg Williams came into a bad situation with the cap. Mularkey was Mularkey.

Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, Jack Del Rio and John Fox..  Didn't they all make the playoffs this year?  You have to pick the right coordinater, from the right head coach.  Look at his history and see who has mentored him.  Greg Williams came into a bad situation with the cap.  Mularkey was Mularkey.

569596[/snapback]

Gregg Williams is only behind Haslett and Herm Edwards in making horrible game management calls (clock management, adjustments, playcalling). Horrific.

i was ahead of the game on this idea:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=36220&hl=

however my feelings might have changed. I watched a couple of the Cowboys games down the stretch. Payton left me scratching my head a number of times. everytime he got the offense rolling with the run, he would throw the ball on consective 1st and 2nd downs, and then face a long 3rd down...and have to punt. this happened more times then i care to remember.

my brother in law who is a Cowboys fan and watched all the Boys games said that is a common problem with the way Payton calls a game.

I'd rather have Al Saunders, who does have some minimal head coaching experience and has either overseen or helped build very successful offenses at every stop along the way in his career.

569604[/snapback]

Sean Payton is the assistant head coach to Bill Parcells and the offensive coordinater.

my brother in law who is a Cowboys fan and watched all the Boys games said that is a common problem with the way Payton calls a game.

569645[/snapback]

This is really the problem I'd have with Payton. I think he's had the play-calling stripped from him twice - definitely once while with the Giants, I think once while with the Cowboys. Once Jim Fassel started calling the plays, the Giants took off and made the playoffs. That's a red flag to me.