Bills to a 3-4?

With the emergence of Crowell (who is listed as the backup for MLB as well), couldn't the Bills transition to a 3-4 with relative ease? This puts fewer of our crappy linemen on the field, and maximizes Sam Adams and his stop-gap abilities. Watching Pittsburgh yesterday, I never knew where the blitz was coming from.

This is guaranteed if Cottrell becomes our head coach.

With the emergence of Crowell (who is listed as the backup for MLB as well), couldn't the Bills transition to a 3-4 with relative ease? This puts fewer of our crappy linemen on the field, and maximizes Sam Adams and his stop-gap abilities. Watching Pittsburgh yesterday, I never knew where the blitz was coming from.

569481[/snapback]

Sam Adams can't anchor a 34 Defense....no way.

569481[/snapback]

I don't see either Sam Adams at this point in his career or any other DT currently on our roster being able to properly handle the 2 gap system. Sam used to do it, but he seems to have lost some foot speed.

569481[/snapback]

adams is a pass-rusher, not a run-stuffing NT.........he didn't want to stop the run this year and he won't next year.......

on top of that schobel and kelsey are strickly 4-3 ends........they don't have the bulk to play end in a 3-4........

In addition to no nose tackle, I don't think either of our ends could play a 3-4. If we did go 3-4, a guy like Bannon might be the best fit at end--even over Kelsay and Schobel. The latter two would probably get eaten up against the run.

569495[/snapback]

I actually think Kelsay could play the run better than he has...he's not getting a lot of action early in the downs. But, you're spot on about Schobel. Why neutralize what is your best defensive lineman's best skill set?