My "mock" Bills off-season.

How does that trade NOT make sense.... Another TBD jerko.

568845[/snapback]

Regardless if I think it's a good idea (I'm ambivilent) I have no patience for scenarios that hinge largely on things that are totally out of the control of the team.

First, I don't think Cincy would give up their #1 for a franchised cornerback. Why would they?

Second, what if no team takes Clements for less than a #2 or #3? Then what? How does that change the entire complex of your "plan?"

You may as well have started the plan by saying: "Ok, first we'll get Julius Peppers . . ." It's just as realistic -- or at the very least, not within the control of the team.

How does that trade NOT make sense.... Another TBD jerko.

568845[/snapback]

Lord...of course it makes sense for the Bills. So does trading Tim Anderson for Dwight Freeney. It doesn't mean the other team will be all that willing to do it. I think teams have been hesitant to swap first-rounders for decent players since Donahoe burned Atlanta back in 2003. Travis Henry was a 1,000-yard rusher more than once and the Bills were finally able to get a third-round pick for him.

I mean, your ideas look great on paper but I don't see anyone trading a first-rounder for Clements. And you still haven't made it clear how Buffalo would go about landing D'Brickshaw with either the #8 pick or the ficitional first-rounder received from Cincy. Ferguson is more than likely going in the top five.