4 Seconds...

Fezmid

It was a prevent, with the Raiders rushing three.  He had more than four seconds.

It was a blown coverage prevent by the Raiders.

It was 4th and 18 near the end of the 4th quarter.  Why wouldn't they rush three in such a situation?

Your OL was blocking four defenders quite nicely during the entire game, and even gave Bledsoe more than enough time on the Raiders' countless blitzes.  The OL was CERTAINLY not the problem in that game.

So Bledsoe will "carve you up" only if you go into a prevent and then blow your coverage and let a receiver get 10 yeards behind the safeties?

Sounds about right.

40915[/snapback]

Yuo obviously didn't watch the game (or the replays). On the prevent play, Drew threw the ball in exactly 4 seconds (slightly less). There was no pressure on him when he threw it, but it was DEFINATELY in 4 seconds.

Yes it was 4th and 18 -- but if blitzing was working all day, why stop? See what happens when you stop? (kinda like Buffalo/Jax the previous week on those 4th down plays...)

And if you think our OL was blocking well and giving DB plenty of time even on blitzes, you OBVIOUSLY didn't see the game :o There was 1-2 sacks where he had time and probably should've thrown it away. That's it. He also avoided a few sacks and even stood in the pocket long enough to hit the receiver between the numbers, only to have it dropped.

CW

The only thing "NICE" about the long pass to Evans was that it was a completion. Drew didn't even come close to hitting Evans in stride. I would be interested to go back and see if Drew felt comfortable enough in the pocket to really step into the pass. He's broken.

Cripes, McNabb threw a ball through the back of the end zone from about the same place on Monday night. Evans had to pretty much come to a complete stop.

Check out what Culpepper did on Monday night.  There was a Eagle defender coming in unblocked on over half his drop backs and he still made plays. 

40935[/snapback]

That's what I kept seeing as well.

The defender comes straight in but Culpepper was able to find a target to attempt the pass rather then being crushed. Not saying it was successful every time but gaining a few yards here and there is sure better then getting sacked every time.

Obviously the Bills need to play 2 TE sets so they have 7 men blocking which might give Drew that extra second or 2 to find one of the 3 options he will have in passing situations.

Yuo obviously didn't watch the game (or the replays).  On the prevent play, Drew threw the ball in exactly 4 seconds (slightly less).  There was no pressure on him when he threw it, but it was DEFINATELY in 4 seconds.

Watched the entire game. I thought you were referring to how long it took before the pressure got there (or would've gotten there). The point is that it was a prevent. You can't use that as a model for saying "this is how much time he should get on every play." If Drew needs the defense to go into a prevent every time he wants to make a proper read and throw, then he shang 'em up right now.

Yes it was 4th and 18 -- but if blitzing was working all day, why stop?  See what happens when you stop?

The same reason all teams kitty out and go prevent in situations like that - fear of getting burned. It backfired on Oakland, though, since they inexplicably let Evans get behind the safties.

And if you think our OL was blocking well and giving DB plenty of time even on blitzes, you OBVIOUSLY didn't see the game

Again, I saw the whole thing. Most of the sacks seemed to come on blitzes, and on blitzes, it's the QUATERBACK'S responsibility to recognize it before the play and make necessary adjustments, and then to find the hot read and get him the ball before the blitz gets there. Bledsoe was unable to do that. the sacks were on him.

Most QBs can side step a pass rusher and buy an extra second.  Drew usually gets 3 seconds.  Six second mind in a 3 second game

40788[/snapback]

wow - excellent little saying there. Sums up Drew to a T.

"Six second mind in a 3 second game" ... i like that, and will use it (with permission :o )

Again, I saw the whole thing.  Most of the sacks seemed to come on blitzes, and on blitzes, it's the QUATERBACK'S responsibility to recognize it before the play and make necessary adjustments, and then to find the hot read and get him the ball before the blitz gets there.  Bledsoe was unable to do that.  the sacks were on him.

41213[/snapback]

Lord knows I prefer not to agree with HD (damn that avatar!) unless absolutely neccessary, but I agree with this point. There is a reason why teams continually blitz against us, and it's not just the Oline. Drew simply cannot handle it, and that makes him not only vulnerable but also a liability.