Mike Sherman as a HC

1gap2gap

Brett Farve has run that team for the last six years. He decides who stays and who goes. He decides who the coaches will be and controlls all the on field decisions.

Mike is like a robot or a Sock Puppet. He is another coach that can not make decisions. He is a very nice man but he is not a good Head Coach.

You guys remember Wade Philips? Well Mike might as well be his twin brother.

Brett Farve has run that team for the last six years. He decides who stays and who goes. He decides who the coaches will be and controlls all the on field decisions.

Mike is like a robot or a Sock Puppet.  He is another coach that can not make decisions. He is a very nice man but he is not a good Head Coach.

You guys remember Wade Philips?  Well Mike might as well be his twin brother.

565474[/snapback]

Gap - Is there a coach you DO like?

Gap - Is there a coach you DO like?

565643[/snapback]

Yes- Monty Kiffen Buccs DC- Jim Bates Packers DC - Tim Lewis DC Giants although he is young and I don't know his resume'- So if you want to jump on me about that I guess you could. I think Bobby April just might be a good HC. Tom Moore OC- Colts. A few others. I can get back to you if you would like me too!

Yes- Monty Kiffen Buccs DC- Jim Bates Packers DC - Tim Lewis DC Giants although he is young and I don't know his resume'- So if you want to jump on me about that I guess you could.  I think Bobby April just might be a good HC.  Tom Moore OC- Colts.  A few others.  I can get back to you if you would like me too!

565652[/snapback]

Tim Lewis....I don't want another of the Pittsburgh connection back here.....

Mike Sherman Please....

Yes- Monty Kiffen Buccs DC- Jim Bates Packers DC - Tim Lewis DC Giants although he is young and I don't know his resume'- So if you want to jump on me about that I guess you could.  I think Bobby April just might be a good HC.  Tom Moore OC- Colts.  A few others.  I can get back to you if you would like me too!

565652[/snapback]

JIM BATES!!!???? You crack on Haslett and you are willing to hire Bates. What is your reasoning? What stellar things did he do in Green Bay last year?

JIM BATES!!!???? You crack on Haslett and you are willing to hire Bates. What is your reasoning? What stellar things did he do in Green Bay last year?

565691[/snapback]

Think before you answer !!

Jim Bates

Defensive Coordinator

NFL Exp: 15th Season

Packers Exp: 1st Season

A veteran of 14 NFL seasons and 37 campaigns overall in the coaching profession, Jim Bates in 2005 begins his first year in Green Bay as the club's defensive coordinator.

Named to the position Jan. 31, 2005, by Head Coach Mike Sherman, the 59-year-old Bates brings to the Packers a fiery intensity and proven record of coordinator success.

As defensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins the past five seasons (2000-04), Bates' units ranked fifth in the NFL. Only the Buccaneers (281.4 yards/game), Steelers (282.5), Ravens (286.4) and Bills (293.1) played better defensively than Miami (294.8) through the course of those five campaigns. His defense ranked in the top 10 after each season, including 2004, when it ranked eighth despite losing four starters to injured reserve; the team ranked sixth in 2000, fifth in 2001, third in 2002 and 10th in 2003. Against the pass, the Dolphins entered the final week of the '04 season leading the league, but wound up second (162.0 yards/game). Miami's passing defense did pace the NFL in 2001, and ranked fifth in 2000, eighth in 2002 and 19th in 2003. Against the run, his squad did not allow a 100-yard rusher over a 20-game stretch that included the last four games of 2002 and the entire '03 campaign.

On an individual level, Bates' units produced 18 Pro Bowl selections (eight players) in five seasons.

Bates' tenure in Miami included a 3-4 record over the final seven games of the 2004 season as the club's interim head coach, including a 29-28 win over eventual Super Bowl Champion New England, Dec. 20.

Prior to his time in Miami, Bates served as the Dallas Cowboys' linebackers coach (1996-97) and assistant head coach/defensive line (1998-99). His first foray into the NFL was on Bill Belichick's staff as linebackers coach of the Cleveland Browns (1991). After coaching the Browns' defensive ends for two seasons (1992-93), he served one year as Atlanta's defensive coordinator (1994), before returning to Cleveland as secondary coach (1995).

Took over as an interm coach and did a hell of a job with a team that was a mess. That's a good coach!!!

565691[/snapback]

Haslett's record.

+--------------+----------+

| Reg. Season | Playoffs |

+----------+--------------+----------+

| Year TM | W L T | W L |

| 2000 nor | 10 6 0 | 1 1 |

| 2001 nor | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |

| 2002 nor | 9 7 0 | 0 0 |

| 2003 nor | 8 8 0 | 0 0 |

| 2004 nor | 8 8 0 | 0 0 |

| 2005 nor | 3 13 0 | 0 0 |

| TOTALS | 45 51 0 | 1 1 |

Haslett's record.

+--------------+----------+

| Reg. Season  | Playoffs |

| Year  TM |  W  L  T  |  W  L  |

| 2000 nor |  10  6  0  |  1  1  |

| 2001 nor |  7  9  0  |  0  0  |

| 2002 nor |  9  7  0  |  0  0  |

| 2003 nor |  8  8  0  |  0  0  |

| 2004 nor |  8  8  0  |  0  0  |

| 2005 nor |  3  13  0  |  0  0  |

| TOTALS  |  45  51  0  |  1  1  |

565775[/snapback]

Jim Bates was the question, not stats of Jim Haslett.